Looking for info on LCI LevelUp OneControl touch panel

I got the gateway last night. It doesn't come with a power connector, so you need to order one from Lippert. It is basically a ethernet to CANBUS gateway piggybacked on a cheap wireless router. I plan to ditch the router component and connect directly to my MOFI. It is plug and play.

orion7144

So that I understand what your camper came with is the 7" or 5" touch screen in the camper and the simple controller (ie no screen) in the basement. Are you saying the gateway is plug and play and we can use the app? Can you post pics of the connections on the gateway?

Mine came with the Ground Control with the LCD screen and no touchpad. I am adding the touchpads and the receivers to control other functions. The gateway is a CANBUS to Ethernet bridge piggybacked onto an inexpensive wifi router. I plan on ditching the router part and hooking it directly to my MoFi. http://mofinetwork.com/ The bridge is set to DHCP, so it should work and pull an IPaddress on the RV network. I will play with it on my home network to verify.

Here is a picture of the connections.

IMG_20180930_1306157.jpg

The top box is the Lippert CANBUS to Ethernet bridge. The bottom box is the generic router. The two (2) vertical white connectors are the CANBUS connectors. The one next to it is for power. It does not come with a power lead. I have found the CANBUS ends on Amazon. Look at my previous post for the link. I can't seem to find the power connectors anywhere. I will try and source them from Lippert or keep digging around on DigiKey, Molex, and Mouser. The components are daisy chained in Lippert's implementation. To get this to work, you will need terminating resistors. If you have the touchscreen, you should have them already. If not, hook solder a couple of 120 ohm resistors to the Molex pins, cover it with some heat shrink tubing, and shove the pins in the Molex connectors.

IMG_20180930_1729036.jpg

I know this isn't pretty, but it is my test bed. Everything will be nicer when I install it next weekend.

I was not successful at finding the parts necessary when I first bought my 5th wheel. I called Lipert and they said that I would have to contact Heartland.

OneControl is an OEM system. If you call Lippert and ask for it, they will send you to the manufacturer. If you call the Lippert store at 574-537-8900, you can order the parts individually. The component manual is here: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/complists/Electronics/OneControl_Component.pdf For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what connector LCI used for the power leads. When I called, rather than asking for OneControl, I told the operator I needed to order part number 329080. She asked if I was OEM or end user. I told her the truth. LCI had them in stock and 10 minutes later, they were processed and on the way. The lighting controller was a lead time item that they do not generally stock. Since I wasn't going to get it for this outing, I decided to order it later. If you order by part number you will be fine.

Once you have the parts, it is a very easy system to configure. Its even somewhat idiot proofed as I looked at the power lead the wrong way in the parts catalog and hooked up my gateway with reversed polarity using alligator clips. Rather than frying it, it worked fine when I hooked it up the right way. Lippert really should sell this aftermarket on the web store. They sell the previous generation receivers there.

Icecactus

@dmholmgren have you tried plugging in your CANbus to Ethernet gateway into your own network yet? I tried last weekend plugging it into my pepwave SOHO mk3 and it wouldnt work. It actually kinda wigged out my router and would never "see" it. The green light on the lan port would never light up, only the amber. I tried different cables and even the little yellow piggy back cable lippert uses. As far as I can tell, the router is just a generic router, i got into the admin screen and there is no specific settings or anything, so it should work. I am trying to determine if its just my router or if there is something else going on.

FYI, the onecontrol app, at least for android does not see all wifi networks...only networks that start with MyRV_. So you will have to rename your SSID to something that starts with "MyRV_".

vpnman

I’m also interested in the progress on this one. I’m contemplating this myself. The included touchscreen with the owners manuals and level app is worthless, unless you have an error condition. I’d like to make better use of it and have remote control of the coach, esp slide outs.

orion7144

You do not need the WiFi hub for the LCI remote just the LCI smartphone app. I will be able to confirm what the LCI tech support rep said next week when I receive my remote. The only thing required for the remote is that the controller have the antenna.

I own a "new" 2018 Big Country 3950FB.
I have no wifi hub nor bluetooth hub on the coach even though the installed LCI controller has an antenna.
This controller is installed on the ceiling of the front battery/generator compartment. There is no wifi hub installed in the
entertainment/dvd compartment.
The LCI OneControl App for iphone does not "see" anything to connect to. I was expecting to use the iPhone as a "remote" with the LCI OneControl App, but no.
The LCI Ground Control 3.0 system installed is very elementary and basic. Heartland, is there a lower cost option? No. This is it.
One must enter manual mode at touchscreen to have individual control of 6 point system.
No remote for you.

I sent Heartland CS an email asking if a wifi hub was ever installed. No answer yet.
Looks like we have to make up our own wifi hub and become IT installers to get our rigs up to speed with the other brands.

orion7144

I just stopped off at the storage lot and I have the same main unit as your picture. It will not work with the APP but is supposed to work with the LINK multi-function remote.

Just got off the phone again with them and they said if you have the level up with the touch screen and the limited controller in the basement, (and you have the module pictured above with the antenna) then the LINK remote will work. Here is the manual for my level up and it starts on page 11 on how to program the LINK remote. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Leveling and Stabilization/CCD_0001539.pdf I got mine from ebay and it should be here is a few days.

orion7144

Just an FYI but the link DOES work with our Level up. I have it connected to mine and am able to use it just fine.

Aa427

I can't seem to find the power connectors anywhere. I will try and source them from Lippert or keep digging around on DigiKey, Molex, and Mouser.

I bought the Wifi gateway. I got the Canbus cable from Arrow Electronics (Molex p/n 2451350220 for a little over $5 shipped)). Still looking for the power connector. Any luck figuring out what connector it is?

Aa427

I bought the Wifi gateway. I got the Canbus cable from Arrow Electronics (Molex p/n 2451350220 for a little over $5 shipped)). Still looking for the power connector. Any luck figuring out what connector it is?

I pulled off the Touch Screen today to look at the power connector. The only marking in it is HKH. After some measuring and lots of searching. I believe its a AMP/TE Mate-N-Lok TE Part # 1-480318-0. I placed an order for it and the crimp sockets p/n 60619-4.

I will update this after I received them.

Chrisandsama

I just stopped off at the storage lot and I have the same main unit as your picture. It will not work with the APP but is supposed to work with the LINK multi-function remote.

Just got off the phone again with them and they said if you have the level up with the touch screen and the limited controller in the basement, (and you have the module pictured above with the antenna) then the LINK remote will work. Here is the manual for my level up and it starts on page 11 on how to program the LINK remote. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Leveling and Stabilization/CCD_0001539.pdf I got mine from ebay and it should be here is a few days.

I have the same setup you have and just purchased the link remove and it will not connect to the system. I followed the instructions and nothing, will not connect. the touch screen shows to touch any button on the remote which i have and nothing happens. Guess i have a $200+ paperweight. one thing i did notice is on the touch screen at the top i do not have the "connected" option, i have voltage, options and home.

orion7144

I have the same setup you have and just purchased the link remove and it will not connect to the system. I followed the instructions and nothing, will not connect. the touch screen shows to touch any button on the remote which i have and nothing happens. Guess i have a $200+ paperweight. one thing i did notice is on the touch screen at the top i do not have the "connected" option, i have voltage, options and home.

I did not have the connected either (I think that is for older software rev) If I remember correctly I went into manual mode then scrolled down and the option was there. My RV is in the shop right now so I can not verify.

Aa427

I pulled off the Touch Screen today to look at the power connector. The only marking in it is HKH. After some measuring and lots of searching. I believe its a AMP/TE Mate-N-Lok TE Part # 1-480318-0. I placed an order for it and the crimp sockets p/n 60619-4.

I will update this after I received them.

The power connector is the correct one. Time to find a location to install the gateway.

CDN

B and B
Getting a lot of 404 errors at the Lippert Site with links in this thread.

What did you order to get smartphone connectivity either bluetooth or wifi?

Did anyone order a lippert remote make it work?

I am still leaning toward relocated the manual levelling feature to the storage bay where it belongs.

Thank you for you help

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

Getting a lot of 404 errors at the Lippert Site with links in this thread.

What did you order to get smartphone connectivity either bluetooth or wifi?

Did anyone order a lippert remote make it work?

I am still leaning toward relocated the manual levelling feature to the storage bay where it belongs.

Thank you for you help

Brian