Looking for input on a new landing page

Oregon_Camper

I made a change to our landing page for our blog and I'd like to ask for feedback from folks here. The development tool (Wix) introduced this option, so I'm trying it out. :cool:

If you watch this from a PC you should see a video clip playing....I tried it on a tablet and it appears as a static image.

I am looking for feedback if you like the video playing or is this simply "too busy" for a web site. My wife said she really liked it, but I'd like to get more feedback.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/

** Update....I'm only asking that you look at the landing page...it is the only one with the new video function.***

Last edited:
I made a change to our landing page for our blog and I'd like to ask for feedback from folks here. The development tool (Wix) introduced this option, so I'm trying it out. :cool:

If you watch this from a PC you should see a video clip playing....I tried it on a tablet and it appears as a static image.

I am looking for feedback if you like the video playing or is this simply "too busy" for a web site. My wife said she really liked it, but I'd like to get more feedback.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/

** Update....I'm only asking that you look at the landing page...it is the only one with the new video function.***

I like it. Nice site.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Tried with my IPad and nothing shows up.

Did you get those new steps installed??

UPDATE

Just tried again and page loaded but no video

Oregon_Camper

Tried with my IPad and nothing shows up.

Did you get those new steps installed??

UPDATE

Just tried again and page loaded but no video

OMG....the Glowstep story. Ouch! I will finish the install and then post it to my Blog and here. Lets just say, I was an idiot and Torklifts customer service is UNBELIEVABLY awesome!!

I don't think the video will auto play on a tablet. Can you try on a computer (Windows or MAC)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
OMG....the Glowstep story. Ouch! I will finish the install and then post it to my Blog and here. Lets just say, I was an idiot and Torklifts customer service is UNBELIEVABLY awesome!!

I don't think the video will auto play on a tablet. Can you try on a computer (Windows or MAC)

Yes please tell us as my install was very easy in fact I took mine apart to add a 5th step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It looks awesome Jim!! The video played on my mac as soon as I opened your link. Your blog is amazing by the way!

Rod

B

BouseBill

Opened up with Windows no problem, What's with the red chair in the middle of the road? LOL

Oregon_Camper

Opened up with Windows no problem, What's with the red chair in the middle of the road? LOL

LOL...you're not the first to ask about that.

The location we're camped in, is located on BLM land, so there are no real "sites". You have to drive down dirt roads, from the main road, and hope the location is empty. Over the years, folks have started putting small red chairs in the road, so people can see from the main road, if the site is full. BTW...the chair is in the road that leads only to my site...meaning it is a dead end. We're not blocking traffic. :)

Here is a different view of the site. BTW...we spent 14 days here this summer. LOVE this location. We ride dirt bikes, kayak, hike, chill out, etc... all day!

This picture is Summer 2017...the image in my signature below is from Summer 2016.

20170803_133220.jpg