looking for new 5th wheel hitch

99fordnut

I have a husky sliding hitch 16k and I hate it. It jerks slams back and forth at stop and goes.
So the blue ox super ride 5th wheel anyone try it? I am also looking at the reese titan or b&w any opinions.
I have a 2005 F250 crew cab short bed tow a 3010 cyclone 2012.

SNOKING

I have a husky sliding hitch 16k and I hate it. It jerks slams back and forth at stop and goes.
So the blue ox super ride 5th wheel anyone try it? I am also looking at the reese titan or b&w any opinions.

I have a B&W RVK3270 manual slider that pins to standard rails. Works great, quiet and quality. Chris

Check Craig's list in Colorado Springs I have a 20K Reese slider for sale, purchased a new truck that requires the puck system I would make a deal to a club member

Ducky

Just purchased a 2017 Bighorn Traveler 32RS today, installed K&W turnoverball with Anderson Ultimate Connection 2 gooseneck on my 2016 Chevy 2500HD with 6.6 Duramax. Towed like a dream!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a Reese 16K Pro Slider and haven't had any chucking issues with it.

It is the only 5th-wheel hitch I've ever had or used, so I can't comment on any other brands.

TruckRubberMat-P1010995.jpg

CoveredWagon

have you looked at the Andersen Ultimate hitch ?

happykraut

I've had two Reese hitches and now have the B & W 24K Companion with the puck system. Absolutely love my B & W. Top quality, very smooth and no chucking.

rono

I've had two Reese hitches and now have the B & W 24K Companion with the puck system. Absolutely love my B & W. Top quality, very smooth and no chucking.

Happy, I take it that you like your B&W better than your Reese? I have a 2012 F350 and the Ford Reese hitch and I hate it. Been thinking of getting the B&W companion to fit the puck system on the truck.

rono

Happy, I take it that you like your B&W better than your Reese? I've have a 2012 F350 and the Ford Reese hitch and I hate it. Been thinking of getting the B&W companion to fit the puck system on the truck.

happykraut

Happy, I take it that you like your B&W better than your Reese? I have a 2012 F350 and the Ford Reese hitch and I hate it. Been thinking of getting the B&W companion to fit the puck system on the truck.
Love it. In my opinion it is of much better quality than either of the two Reeses I've had.

Bulldog66

We are new to having a fifth wheel, we have a short bed and wanted a slider option.
we have the companion slider by B&W, great hitch works really well, gives us the option to use goose neck trailer. Worth every penny ,plus it's made in the usa

99fordnut

thanks for the reply. I have above bed rails so I can't run a companion hitch only the patriot hitch. I think I have decided to go with a fixed hitch like the reese titan. use the airborne sidewinder pin box so no sliding needed with a short bed and can still hook up at a 90 degree angle.

sjandbj

Happy, I take it that you like your B&W better than your Reese? I've have a 2012 F350 and the Ford Reese hitch and I hate it. Been thinking of getting the B&W companion to fit the puck system on the truck.

I just installed the B&W on a new Ford truck. What a nice hitch. I am waiting for my next trip to try it out.

SNOKING

thanks for the reply. I have above bed rails so I can't run a companion hitch only the patriot hitch. I think I have decided to go with a fixed hitch like the reese titan. use the airborne sidewinder pin box so no sliding needed with a short bed and can still hook up at a 90 degree angle.

You might also then look at the B&W RVK3255. Chris