Looking for RV Park near Atlanta.GA

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We are going to Jacksonville FL in Feb to Flamingo Lake RV Park. The DW wants to stop and see her sisters in the Atlanta area. Any help would be appreciated.

jbeletti

Hoyt,

In October 2011, we stayed here: Jones RV Park , 2200 Willow Trail Pkwy, Norcross, GA, (770) 923-0911 - jonesrvpark.com

A lot of people stay at Stone Mountain which has an RV park there or nearby. They were either full or something, which is why we tried Jones.

Jones was "okay" but not a place I'd stay any length of time. Maybe just a night or two. What it was for us was convenient to the expressway.

Jim

Birchwood

Passing through Atlanta last year we stayed at Jones RV Park.Its easy off and on of I 85 and seems close to town .

phix

The Atlanta area is huge and traffic is notoriously horrible. Where in the area do they live?

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We have stayed at Stone Mountain, which is fabulous, on the east side of Atlanta and at Alatoona Landing http://www.allatoonalandingmarina.com/,on the north, just outside of Cartersville and Acworth and minutes from 75. It is on Alatoona Lake with a Marina there also. It was a pretty nice place since we had one of the sites right on the water

Stinger381

We stayed at Red Top Mountain State Park. Reasonable rates and a restaurant on site that was good. We liked it alot and will probably visit it again. It is right outside of Cartersville on the North side of Atlanta.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
Thanks for the help! Jones is 5 miles from where we need to be so I guess thats it. Its only for two nights.

jandm

Try Lake Lanier Islands Campground,north of Atlanta on I-985,phone #770-932-7270 or Stone Mountain Campground -junction I-285 & US 78-phone #800-385-8807
Happy traveling

phix

They live near the Norcross area? The North East side.

OK then... JonesRVPark will be the closest, if all you want is a short visit and you don't care about the scenery. There is also a lot of shopping and restaurants in Norcross. (major mall, costco, etc.) Stone Mountain has some very nice sites and is on the east side and scenic. We have not stayed there, but have day toured the campsites to see which ones are preferred. Sites are a little close together; not too bad. I'm not sure what is going on there at this time of year. The lake there should be pretty full. (We've had a drought.) Lake Lanier (north, northeast) is still low and is controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers. I'd call and ask the park about the levels before seeking a scenic spot there. We camp on Lanier often, but have not been to the Lake Lanier Islands campgrounds.

Lake Allatoona and RedTop are very nice, but not in the right part of town for you to visit Norcross. It is northwest and east/west travel above I-285 is not good. Also, lake levels are low (also COE).

You might ask her sisters which they would recommend based on location and your plans. What ever you chose, hope you guys have a great time.