Looking to buy new rv

GaryC

I am living full time while working away from home in a jayco jay flight. I am tired of burning up in the summer and freezing in the winter. I need a well insulated rv fifth wheel that will not break the bank. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Gary from Texas

jayc

Legendary Member
Gary, the Explore USA dealer in Ft. Worth carries the Big Country, Bighorn, Greystone, Landmark and Sundance lines. HERE is their website for you to review. We had good times in our two Bighorns and love our Landmark. The Big Country, Bighorn and Landmark are all rated for full time use.

Good shopping and we look forward to welcoming you to the Heartland family soon.

danemayer

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It's a great place to get information and help, and reflects the feeling of family that Heartland Owners have for one another.

Have you been to the Heartland RV Website? The entire Heartland Product Line is represented there. You can download brochures, and you'll also find important resources such as construction info that describes what's "under the covers."

"Breaking the bank" is a relative term of course, so you may get answers from Heartland owners that reflect a variety of models.

We have a Landmark, which is a high-end unit, suitable for full-time use. It's "comfort-tested" to zero degrees, and we've used it on extended ski trips with temps down to 30 below zero (F) and have been comfortable. We've also been in places like Moab, UT in the summer, with temps at 108. We have dual pane windows, which help, and also opted for the 2nd A/C unit in the bedroom to help cool the unit. We also opted for the fireplace for winter use. We've used tips from this forum to help with both cold and hot conditions.

The Bighorn and Big Country lines have lower price points, but share most of the construction techniques and materials that the Landmark uses.

The Elkridge has an even lower price point. We have friends who use theirs in the heat of Texas and in the cold of Breckenridge, CO in the winter.

Anyway, if you visit the Heartland site, you'll see the full range and can get an idea of how the different product lines might suit your purpose.

And of course, other owners will no doubt chime in with their thoughts.

jimtoo

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get some good answers soon from other Heartland Owners. Heartland has several units that are classed as full timing and have the Artic Package to help with the heat and cooling. None are perfect, but Heartland does a really good job.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you become a family member.

Jim M

TXTiger

I bought my 2012 Cyclone from ExploreUSA RV at their Dallas location. They are a good dealer and I highly recommend them. I also highly recommend Heartland products.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I can't speak to cold, but we've had our big country for a few weeks, plus 90 temps. The extra air conditioner is super helpful. It will drop the bedroom temp about 15 degrees in 15 minutes.

Also, the ceiling fan is really nice for circulating the air when the air conditioner isn't on.

We've used our fireplace several times so far just to knock the chill off and make it easier to get out of bed.

We've never had another brand, but we're pleased with our Big Country so far. If you can afford the article package, I'd get it. Sometimes the couch slide is a little warm, and I believe you get extra insulation there with the special package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scotteam

one way to save a few bucks is wait till after july 4th week to buy. Also look for one that was traded in or used a few times that is a year old. You will save a lot of money. you can get a 30 or 40k rigg for under 20