Lots of Heartlands on I-40

jayc

Legendary Member
We left Albuquerque this morning and saw a lot of trailers and motorhomes on the road this morning. We saw a total of two Cyclones pulled by white GM trucks, two Bighorns, one pulled by a blue GM truck and one by a white Ford and one Landmark pulled by a blue GM 4500 series truck.

I had seen a Sundance at the park but no one was around it, so I didn't get to talk to them before we left.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jay, looks like the GM trucks out numbered the Fords.:p Thats sad. Wow, did I really say that:rolleyes:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We made it to Indio today. Yesterday we had some interesting cross winds and on I 40 and at Flagstaff, smoke from a Wildfire just west of the city. Stayed in Kingman last night. We took US 95 south out of Needles today. Interesting road but boring after a while. Lots of desert and mountains surrounding it. All in all a good trip with no mechanical issues period. The Tri-Glide from Trail Air did a good job.

bill40

Yes the Tri-Glide did a great job Ray. When we were on I-40 we saw a good many Heartland's, but have not seen heardly any since we have been in CA. I must admit the roads in Ca. have given the Tri_glide the best test anywhere, I-5, 118 and 405. Wanted to take the northern route home but by the time we leave I think the weather may prevent it so it will be back across I-40. Must admint that hill in Needles is a bit long. But I guess you western guys are use to them. We have some in Pa but much shorter.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Yes the Tri-Glide did a great job Ray. When we were on I-40 we saw a good many Heartland's, but have not seen heardly any since we have been in CA. I must admit the roads in Ca. have given the Tri_glide the best test anywhere, I-5, 118 and 405. Wanted to take the northern route home but by the time we leave I think the weather may prevent it so it will be back across I-40. Must admit that hill in Needles is a bit long. But I guess you western guys are use to them. We have some in Pa but much shorter.
Bill, we exited I40 just south of Needles and took US95 south to I10. (Not the 95 that goes to Lake Havasu). Is the hill in Needles on the north side?