Love my 6pt Level Up !

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Upon returning home from the rally (Goshen) I began to address a few issues, one being the tires needing balancing. (we bought the trailer new on the 1st day of the rally in Michigan and drove straight to the rally the same day)
So today (It's not brutally hot outside this morning) I go over to the covered storage facility (shade) and proceed to remove the tires and wheels. Our local tire guy has a very small lot, not user friendly with a 5th wheel. I broke loose the lugs, pressed a button to lift the trailer high enough to get the tires off the ground and with my cordless drill quickly removed all 32 lug nuts. Threw the tires in the back of the truck (G614s / they are pretty heavy!) and drove to my local tire guy where they set the psi to 110 and balanced them with the tpms sensors on them. i drove back, put the wheels on, spun the lugs on semi tight and lowered the trailer. Torqued all 32 lug nuts, pressed auto level and it's all done! Love those hydraulics!!! :cool:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Got to love it, but I can do a lot with $5k.

Jaime... Heartlands msrp on 6pt on a new ordered unit is $3589. I got the dealer to knock off another 35%, so it actually cost me a little less than $2400.
Still a lot of money, but sometimes you just gotta do it!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jaime... Heartlands msrp on 6pt on a new ordered unit is $3589. I got the dealer to knock off another 35%, so it actually cost me a little less than $2400.
Still a lot of money, but sometimes you just gotta do it!

That definitely helps the sticker shock!!

Theresau

Joe did the same thing when he balanced the tires. Just so much easier using the level ups - he too mentioned the G614's weight. (I think you were across from us at the Goshen rally...we got our BC at Lakeshore as well.)

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Joe did the same thing when he balanced the tires. Just so much easier using the level ups - he too mentioned the G614's weight. (I think you were across from us at the Goshen rally...we got our BC at Lakeshore as well.)

Yep... That was us.

pegmikef

Hey Bret, we're picking up our new toy tomorrow with 614s on it. Are you saying that they are not balanced when they leave the factory?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hey Bret, we're picking up our new toy tomorrow with 614s on it. Are you saying that they are not balanced when they leave the factory?

Not balanced and mine only had 90# in them. I bought a new compressor while in Goshen and pumped them up before we left for the trip home. My local guy charged me $20 for all 4 and did a good job (he did not have to take them off the trailer)

Be sure to post pics of your new truck and your new Big Horn.... Congrats

Bobby A

I guess the thought just occurred to me, wonder how often you should balance or rebalance the tires on our rigs ??

I wanted load range G tires for my triple axle Monticello and the G614's are to much money. I went with Gladiator QR35 Load Range G 110 PSI and love them. I had a chance to view the tires before putting them on and the side wall is very stiff. Could hardly move them at all! These are some stout tires and are regroovable. I fully expect to get a minimum of 10 years out of them. I got into 6 of these for 1400 installed.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I guess the thought just occurred to me, wonder how often you should balance or rebalance the tires on our rigs ??

As Needed.... lol
I photographed the number of weights (tape on kind) on each wheel and permanent markered them on the inside of wheel for their location so I can inspect once in awhile to make sure they haven't just disapeared and replace if needed. As to wear and tear and needing rebalance, that is a good question. I have my car and truck tires rebalanced every 6,000 miles per the tire store recommendations. I suppose that might be a reasonable guideline.

danemayer

I wanted load range G tires for my triple axle Monticello and the G614's are to much money. I went with Gladiator QR35 Load Range G 110 PSI and love them. I had a chance to view the tires before putting them on and the side wall is very stiff. Could hardly move them at all! These are some stout tires and are regroovable. I fully expect to get a minimum of 10 years out of them. I got into 6 of these for 1400 installed.
Hi 03svtcobra,
Thanks for contributing to the discussion. One thing I'm wondering about the Gladiator QR35 tires: the outer diameter of the 235/85/R16 is spec'd at 41 inches. That compares to a Goodyear G614 spec'd at less than 31 inches. That seems like a huge difference considering that tire spacing for more recent Heartland triple axle rigs has barely enough room for the G614.

Did your Monticello have very wide spacing between axles?

Hi 03svtcobra,
Thanks for contributing to the discussion. One thing I'm wondering about the Gladiator QR35 tires: the outer diameter of the 235/85/R16 is spec'd at 41 inches. That compares to a Goodyear G614 spec'd at less than 31 inches. That seems like a huge difference considering that tire spacing for more recent Heartland triple axle rigs has barely enough room for the G614.

Did your Monticello have very wide spacing between axles?

41" can't be right. That's only 7" shy from 4'. A 41" tire would probably rub the other tires. Take 41" x 3 axles / 12" and you get 10.25 feet. I don't think that my 3 axles from edge of first tire to edge of 3rd tire is that long. I was using a bottle jack yesterday to level my axle. I used my 2' level on it to check level. The tire is only maybe 8" taller than the level. If that. I tried to add a picture but couldn't figure out how to do it with the URL. Oh, there are a couple of QR35's. One is only a 95 PSI tire and the side walls are soft.

danemayer

Didn't sound right. That's why I was asking. Their website may have an error because it seems to clearly show outer diameter at 41". 30 or 31" seems much more likely.

Bobby A

As Needed.... lol
I photographed the number of weights (tape on kind) on each wheel and permanent markered them on the inside of wheel for their location so I can inspect once in awhile to make sure they haven't just disapeared and replace if needed. As to wear and tear and needing rebalance, that is a good question. I have my car and truck tires rebalanced every 6,000 miles per the tire store recommendations. I suppose that might be a reasonable guideline.

That's a good idea to mark the weights. I am very diligent on rotating and balancing my cars and trucks every 6 or 7 K miles.

greg7140

How are you Gladiator's doing? I am getting ready to get rid of the TowMax on our camper, but right now I just can't stomach $390 a tire for the Goodyear G614's...our local tire dealer has the Gladiator G rated in stock for $190 each...vice special ordering the Goodyears. We have put 3K on the TowMax since we got new camper 6 weeks ago and the TowMax look and feel really good so far...but a little concerned about the 1800 mile trip down to Orlando the beginning of Dec after reading all these posts about the TowMax E rated tires.

I have had my fare share of tire issues the past 10 years and with all but one blow out the TMPS sensors on my tires have saved me from any damage to my campers. Which is how we ended up with a new camper...