low water pressure

we have a 2009 Bighorn 3055. We have not had water pressure problems before but are now on a 2 month trip and the water pressure is pathetic. It is poor whether we are on city water connection or pumping from the tank. We are also getting a lot of air through the faucets and shower head. Any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks

rick_debbie_gallant

The intake washer/screen may be plugged with debris from the hose/hydrant.
The pump screen may have debris in it also.
Each one of your faucets may have plugged screens as well. I trust you are getting a good flow of water through your hose not hooked to the trailer input.

You may also have a kinked hose in your supply line in the equipment room.

The intake washer/screen may be plugged with debris from the hose/hydrant.The pump screen may have debris in it also.Each one of your faucets may have plugged screens as well. I trust you are getting a good flow of water through your hose not hooked to the trailer input.You may also have a kinked hose in your supply line in the equipment room.
We will check the intake screen and also the pump screen. I did take the screen off of the kitchen sink and soaked the whole head in white vinegar and then washed it out. The results did not improve. We will also look for the kinked hose. Thanks so much for the ideas.

We did check the winterization levers and they are all in the normal position. Thanks for the idea though. Many heads are better than two old ones.

danemayer

Looking at the symptoms: pathetic water flow, and air. All faucets and the showerhead affected. Same problem whether on city water or water pump.

I'd look behind the basement wall. Take the wall down behind the UDC and trace the output of the water pump to where it tees into the city water line. Then find where the line splits out between kitchen and bathroom. Somewhere between those 2 points is the area in common to all these symptoms. Air coming out the faucet suggests an air source/leak in that area. Have DW run the water and listen for air sounds. Look for leaks.

Have you noticed any issues with hot water? Turn off the water heater and throw the levers to bypass it. I wouldn't think it's the problem, but there is a plastic check valve on the hot water outlet (top) that sometimes cracks, causing leaks. Usually it leaks water, but maybe it can fail in such a way as to allow air in the line.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
2 questions. Do you use any kind of inline water filter system? What are you using for a pressure regulator? It still sounds like you an air leak on the pressure side.

We have the two canister system with the regulator. We checked that out and it doesn't seem to be the problem. Thanks Odie and Janice

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You stated that you have a regulator. Is it a good Watts adjustable regulator?
If you are using one of the inexpensive brass inline regulators, I would suggest changing it.

Peace
Dave

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You might want to check the pressure with a (psig) gage at the source hose bib. A reading of 40-60 psi should be fine, low water volume at the source faucet could also cause your pressure drop.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
all of the ideas you are received are good - I would also check on the bypass for freshwater fill ( if you have one ) and check to see if you have any blow by on your water pump. with city on and no water turned on - do you hear any water running? of so you may have a faulty water pump with water feeding back into your fresh water tank - also check the winterization valve to insure that it is closed.

when you figure it out please let us all know... add to the tribal knowledge

Kevin