Lowe's Military Discount Policy

CoveredWagon

Then you must have a state/county issued veteran's card, not a retired military ID card (DD Fm 2-Retired). If you served 20 or more years active and/or active reserve, you should get the right card from a military Pass & ID office. I go to Selfridge for mine and the wife's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are correct, it is a veterans card, not a retiree card. I was not a career person. And you are correct it does not get me into military bases for any reason. Those who made a career of the military deserve those privileges. Others like myself gave up well paying jobs for 3 hots and a cot to serve for a short time, well, it's nice to see some recognition.

HiggySTL

I am an honorable discharged vet without a retired ID card but I do belong to both the American Legion and VFW and HD and Lowes both take that as acceptable ID for my 10% off. I've actually used those as ID for other places who give discounts to veterans as well.

By the way, thanks to all of you out there that have served!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
For all you military veterans and retirees who have been using the 10% discount at Lowe's, they've changed the policy somewhat. Rather than retirees having to show an ID card, you can get your service information linked to a MyLowe's account (it's not the same as your charge account) and just show the MyLowe's card, regardless of how you pay at the register. It will also let you use the discount when shopping online.

The discount is also being extended to all veterans. If you have a MyLowe's account, you can register online. If you have difficulty doing it online (I did), you can go to a store's Customer Service desk and they can do it for you.
Here in Holland, Mi. once registered all I have to do is give the phone # associated with my account to get my military dicount at Lowes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

meagle

In addition to the card you can download the Lowe's app on your phone. At the register they will scan the bar code from your phone. On your receipt it will thank you for your service and show the 10% discount.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here in Holland, Mi. once registered all I have to do is give the phone # associated with my account to get my military dicount at Lowes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just did that today at my local Lowe's. Cashier asked if I was military and went through the steps for the discount after pulling up my account. Home Depot is still using the ID card.

JohnDar

So when you say "ID card" do you mean DD214 or similar?

No, I have a retiree ID card that I always carry. As far as I know, Home Depot does not give their discount to non-retired vets. They also don't give it to online orders, either. With 4 stores within 20 miles of me, it's easy for me to shop in-store, when needed. I don't shop at Menard's since they don't offer any discounts.

devid

The only exclusion is for those who have received military discharges characterized as “dishonorable”. All others are eligible regardless of the type of discharge. “Immediate family members” include spouses and dependent children up to the age of 18.But the procedure for getting the discount has changed: Active-duty service members, retirees and veterans must must sign up online for the Lowes Military Discount personal shopping card to qualify for the discount.

CoveredWagon

The only exclusion is for those who have received military discharges characterized as “dishonorable”. All others are eligible regardless of the type of discharge. “Immediate family members” include spouses and dependent children up to the age of 18.But the procedure for getting the discount has changed: Active-duty service members, retirees and veterans must must sign up online for the Lowes Military Discount personal shopping card to qualify for the discount.
Ivevrecieved this discount for years and have never had a card. They just ask for my phone # and occasionally some sort of ID. GO LOWE'S 😊

JohnDar

11% off of what? An inflated price so everyone gets it?

david-steph2018

Ivevrecieved this discount for years and have never had a card. They just ask for my phone # and occasionally some sort of ID. GO LOWE'S 😊
Any Lowes I purchase from ask for my phone number and then ask to see an ID. No matter which Lowes or in what city. I asked once and found out Home Depot also allows a military discount and they have given me the same a 10% discount.

CoveredWagon

Any Lowes I purchase from ask for my phone number and then ask to see an ID. No matter which Lowes or in what city. I asked once and found out Home Depot also allows a military discount and they have given me the same a 10% discount.
Now that's news to me. H.D. has consistently told me military/veteran discounts only apply on select holidays. Occasionally an individual store manager will invoke a discount for military all the time.

JohnDar

I hadn’t noticed prices any higher than Lowe’s, HD.
If their marked prices are the same as the marked prices at Lowes or HD, then are they taking 11% off at the register? Regardless, the only thing I found at Menard's that HD doesn't have are pads for our furnace humidifier. And there are three HD's closer than the nearest Menards. Most likely due to excessive shoplifting, both Lowes in my area closed, making the nearest over 30 miles away. But I can still order online for home delivery and get 10% off the marked price, using our My Lowes card. FWIW, my veteran status is retired.