Lug nut cover/cap for 2016 Bighorn

kbausano

Anyone know of a source for replacements? This one was damaged during our upgrade to disk brakes recently. Your help is greatly appreciated!

da849771a4d08f4f97de6f75215aaa13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

ram22

Yes, any truck stop with a store inside. They're cheap.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ken the ones at the truck stops are very different from what we have. The RV's have a molded cover I don't think you'll find just a cover.
So for me, I'd first look at Les Schwab or another big tire store and see if they have a new or used one.
If not, I'd do as Rich did and order all new solid ones so they all match.
Or you could call Heartland and get a few from them.

I'm sure someone out there knows where to find the real one but until they chime in that's what I'd do.

Good luck
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kbausano

Ken the ones at the truck stops are very different from what we have. The RV's have a molded cover I don't think you'll find just a cover.
So for me, I'd first look at Les Schwab or another big tire store and see if they have a new or used one.

I'm sure someone out there knows where to find the real one but until they chime in that's what I'd do.

Good luck
Jerrod

Thanks JJ

ram22

Good luck
Jerrod

I've purchased inexpensive plastic molded chrome looking lug nut covers for my older PaceArrow from a truck stop. They were in a bin and sold individually.

MTPockets

Take a good nut to an auto parts store and match with same size and look closely at the nut seat/taper where it contacts the wheel rim to make sure you get the proper nut. Get solid chromed nut with no cover. The nuts with covers always crack eventually. I ordered a complete set and was very happy. I had to go to two different stores to get good help. FYI

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've purchased inexpensive plastic molded chrome looking lug nut covers for my older PaceArrow from a truck stop. They were in a bin and sold individually.

Yes truck stops and truck parts house's have all kinds of different styles and sizes of chrome nut covers. But what Ken is looking for exact replacement to the one in the picture he posted. I don't think he will have any luck finding one there. I'm just trying to save him a trip.
I've definitely seen different things at different truck stops. "Some things I can't un-see but that's a who different story"... LOL
So who's to say there not a truck shop out there with that nut, but I don't think you'll find it here in California.

Safe travels

kbausano

Yes truck stops and truck parts house's have all kinds of different styles and sizes of chrome nut covers. But what Ken is looking for exact replacement to the one in the picture he posted. I don't think he will have any luck finding one there. I'm just trying to save him a trip.
I've definitely seen different things at different truck stops. "Some things I can't un-see but that's a who different story"... LOL
So who's to say there not a truck shop out there with that nut, but I don't think you'll find it here in California.

Safe travels

ram22

Safe travels

Haha. Ok, maybe you're right. I'm no expert just bought a few once years ago. Good luck 'un-seeing' the rest. Lol

jnbhobe

Google gorilla nuts and look for a complete set of 32 solid nuts in your size 1/2x20 or 9/16 x 18 bulge head chrome lugs. Then throw away the factory stuff.