Lunch in Yellowstone

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Stopped at our favorite spot for lunch today...Yellowstone lake.

Attachments

• IMG_20160906_122655669.jpg
    IMG_20160906_122655669.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20160906_122720006.jpg
    IMG_20160906_122720006.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20160906_122755079.jpg
    IMG_20160906_122755079.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20160906_123235736.jpg
    IMG_20160906_123235736.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 162

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful spot Dave. Even Tucker looks like he is enjoying it.

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Dave,

That looks like it is the same exact spot we stopped at and ate our lunch with another Heartlander couple when we were in Yellowstone. Is that on 14 about 3/4 of the way to the north end of the lake?

Rod

codycarver

Dave,

That looks like it is the same exact spot we stopped at and ate our lunch with another Heartlander couple when we were in Yellowstone. Is that on 14 about 3/4 of the way to the north end of the lake?

Rod

I'd say that's pretty close. There's a parking area to view the lake and a geyser. This little pullout has an outhouse and several picnic tables and just west of that.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Thats the spot!!! Beautiful! We just got lucky and stumbled upon it by accident. We were hungry in the right spot.

Rod

I'd say that's pretty close. There's a parking area to view the lake and a geyser. This little pullout has an outhouse and several picnic tables and just west of that.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Dave, I thought you and Amy were out on the road. We are in Cody right now at Ponderosa. Headed north on Friday. We are going to try to make it over Beartooth (sans the 365) today if they have opened the road. Love to have you all stop by if you are in town.
Keith & Carol

codycarver

Dave, I thought you and Amy were out on the road. We are in Cody right now at Ponderosa. Headed north on Friday. We are going to try to make it over Beartooth (sans the 365) today if they have opened the road. Love to have you all stop by if you are in town.
Keith & Carol

We just went over to West Yellowstone for a few days. We should both be in town on Thursday if that works. Good luck getting over Beartooth. It's a pretty ride even if you can't make it it all the way. You can always turn around and head into Cooke City for a nice lunch at IMG00022_zpsc5ec634e.jpg Don't know how it is this time of year but in the winter they do a nice BBQ.

klindgren

Sounds great Dave. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is to make up a Rotary meeting at 12 Noon. Otherwise, we'll be here

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Beautiful spot. We hope to make it out west one day. For now that four letter word WORK is getting in the way.

codycarver

Sounds great Dave. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is to make up a Rotary meeting at 12 Noon. Otherwise, we'll be here

Amy and I will be done with our stuff by 6:30 and we will be hungry. Wana get something to eat?

klindgren

Amy and I will be done with our stuff by 6:30 and we will be hungry. Wana get something to eat?
Sounds like a great idea. Let us know where and when and we'll be there. We love food, so you all know what's the best selection. If you want to reach me, my phone is (757) 377-1599.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Keith

VKTalley

Sounds like a great idea. Let us know where and when and we'll be there. We love food, so you all know what's the best selection. If you want to reach me, my phone is (757) 377-1599.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Keith

Dave and Keith, interesting side note....the Traveling Talleys are just north of you in Livingston, MT, at the Livingston/Paradise Valley KOA. :) We are on our way back east from our annual trip to Washington State.

klindgren

Dave and Keith, interesting side note....the Traveling Talleys are just north of you in Livingston, MT, at the Livingston/Paradise Valley KOA. :) We are on our way back east from our annual trip to Washington State.
Are you all sticking around or on the move? Today is our last full day in Cody. Tomorrow we are on our way North to Glacier NP. Not sure if that takes us by where you are or not. If so, maybe we could hook up for an hour or two. We are spending Friday night in Butte, MT before getting to Glacier on Saturday.

VKTalley

Are you all sticking around or on the move? Today is our last full day in Cody. Tomorrow we are on our way North to Glacier NP. Not sure if that takes us by where you are or not. If so, maybe we could hook up for an hour or two. We are spending Friday night in Butte, MT before getting to Glacier on Saturday.

I am not sure what we are doing from here except heading on eastward. If you go by Three Forks, MT, stop by Wheat Montana Bakery. ( http://www.wheatmontana.com ) It's a neat stop and they have a lot big enough to turn your rig around in and park. We found them last year on our way back east.

codycarver

I am not sure what we are doing from here except heading on eastward. If you go by Three Forks, MT, stop by Wheat Montana Bakery. ( http://www.wheatmontana.com ) It's a neat stop and they have a lot big enough to turn your rig around in and park. We found them last year on our way back east.

Umm....you guys are heading in the wrong direction??? Las Vegas is south! you need to take a right at the next intersection.

VKTalley

Umm....you guys are heading in the wrong direction??? Las Vegas is south! you need to take a right at the next intersection.

We are not heading to Vegas, previous commitments in Kentucky/Tennessee area for late September. Our first year checkup for the RV is in October at our selling dealer in southern Indiana.

klindgren

Thanks for the tip. Not sure if we are going by Three Forks or not, but if we do, we'll take your advice.