Magnavox gone.

Mizmary

Happy Father's Day to my husband. We got our cyclone all loaded up and back "home." Last night the tv worked fine. This morning we went to turn it on and nothing. No power to the TV. Plugged it in on a known working outlet and it still doesn't work. We can't even check to ensure the power cord is seated correctly in the back because of the way the tv is mounted. It isn't on a swing arm or anything and so we'd have to completely remove the fireplace, and unseat the tv from the mount in order to get to the back of the TV. Sigh.

I will call heartland on Monday. Hopefully they'll be able to work out a mobile unit. We JUST had the unit in at our dealer for the warranty work that was needed. As full timers its a pain to have to haul it up and be without anywhere to go. (Especially because our dealer, while thorough and friendly is notoriously slow.) We haven't even had it a month yet. I'm hoping that they'll replace the TV.

ParkIt

Not sure but check to see if there is space on the bottom of the TV, its a pain but there are screws there you have to remove to free up the unit.

Mizmary

Yeah there are. There are two holes that go from the counter behind the fireplace straight up. Someone else posted that they had to remove the fireplace. Maybe we should try before getting too bummed.

Mizmary

We found the screws and managed to get the tv off with the help of that flexible drive bit we got in our package. I have a newfound respect for baby doctors though. ;-P

The TV is shot. It won't power on no matter where we try to plug it in and the back end was plugged in completely. At least we don't have to worry about trouble getting it off when whoever shows up shows up.

I know the hubby will be super disappointed if the TV isn't covered.

ParkIt

You should be covered, pretty sure you aren't out of the one year warranty period. Make sure to shoot Heart Land an email this weekend and include your VIN so they can address it first chance they get next week. Seems odd it won't work at all, not familiar with them to know if they have a hidden reset button somewhere. Have you tried to google that model and find out if there is some trick you missed?

danemayer

Mizmary,

One thing to be aware of is that the television is probably warranted by Magnavox or perhaps by the sales organization that sells it to Heartland. If you follow the normal procedure of going to an authorized service location, this all gets handled and you don't need to know the details. But if you put yourself in the middle of it and want to take care of the replacement yourself, you may end up having to deal with the 3rd party. In other words, you save the aggravation of going to your dealer, but you take on the aggravation of becoming the service technician.

Good luck with it.

Mizmary

I understand. We have an additional warrantee that covers everything EXCEPT the hdtvs. The big hassle is that we literally JUST got the thing back on Tuesday afternoon- having the first bit of warrantee work done.

A TV isn't really a necessity except for my husband's sanity. Luckily we did figure out that the satellite connection in the bedroom was wired incorrectly - re wired it and now he can have his syfy in the bedroom.

It is however a HUGE wonderful thing to have work since we just dumped a ton of money on this thing. ;-D I still love the camper. Just wish the tv had crapped out- oh- last weekend since we had it into the dealer last week. I can't afford for it to sit at the dealers for a week while they troubleshoot and mess with the warrantee people though. So I guess we will see what happens.

ramdually4100king

We've had the trailer for 3 weeks and have towed it 5 times and 3 of those times has been to and from the dealer. Quick rundown... the Towmax tires are worn a good 1/8" down from 50 miles of towing... we cleaned more of the camper than the dealer did upon delivery... the weight (hitch/GVWR) is way over the listed weight... the Radio in the garage does not play north America DVD's only world DVD's... and now the 50" TV (which has a manufacture warranty of 90 days and was installed in trailer in NOV 2012) has crapped the bed. I am so glad I dropped $90K on this trailer. And for those of you that are thinking that I am new to camping this is my 3rd trailer in 7 years and I have towed them over 20k miles. I have seen the new camper troubles and there was a lot less in the S.O.B. trailers that were under $30k

ParkIt

Dan, I would think Miz Mary would want Heart Land to at least know their TV took a dump so soon, I would think it would help in the process on which products to use in their units. My son still wants to buy ours and I'd love to put a Samsung in there, they are the best produced on the marked IMO.

Another little secret...we use the TV to keep our husbands out from underfoot. That tv has go to work even if it gets snow and they play the same 5 DVD's over and over.... ;)

danemayer

the 50" TV (which has a manufacture warranty of 90 days and was installed in trailer in NOV 2012)
Hi ramdually4100king,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

It's not unusual for a trailer to sit on a dealer lot for many months. So the warranty clock usually starts when you sign the papers to accept the rig. If you did that 3 weeks ago, you should still be in warranty, even if the manufacture date was Nov 2012. If someone is telling you that the warranty started on the date of manufacture, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to clarify and get you help.

Mizmary

Looks like we can just take the Television to the dealer. No need to pull up chocks. Hooray! He did give me an option of shipping the tv myself, replacing my tv myself and getting reimbursed but the tv had to be shipped back and if it was damaged we would be out the $$ for the new tv and a tv. If I get it to the dealer then it's on them if it is damaged, not on me.

I do have to say that was the EASIEST warranty call I've ever made. Everyone was friendly- no crazy holds or button dialing or talking to a computer that doesn't understand English. I called and talked to someone within 30 seconds.

15 minutes total on the phone - and a few of those were just waiting to see if they still were going to get us the same tv or a different model - which was going the extra mile. If this is the kind of customer service you're all talking about - I can see why you're all happy with it!