Maiden Trip Cut Short - A/C went out

Georgia_Biker

I had reported earlier about a roaring noise from the Living Room A/C which went away after reseting the control panel. We have dual Dometic Heat Pump/A-C units.

Well - it finally went out. After 4 weeks on the road we were camping in Sevierville, TN and on Tuesday (7/28/15) the rear A/C went out - no cold air. Temps have been in the high 90's lately as everyone knows so the Living Room became a Suana real quick. We did still have the front A/C so we could sleep comfortably.
We were moving to Chattanooga on Wednesday and I already had a reservation at Camping World in Chattanooga to install a Wineguard Traveler Satillite Dish. They checked our A/C unit, it was only drawing 4.5 amps - the compressor was gone. They said Dometic would replace the entire unit under warranty but, it would take 5 days to get one. We were only about 2 1/2 hours from home near Atlanta so I called my local guy at Apalachee RV and told him the situation - he said no problem Dometic Warranty would take care of it. So went ahead with the Dish install and came home unfortunately cutting out the last to weeks of our trip.

We are taking this situation in stride hoping this will be the only problem we have for a long time to come. We have had the New 3875FB only 4 weeks but, really like it and can't wait to get back out. Highlights: Residential Fridge w/ice maker, island sink, front bath & wardrobe ( very roomy), 1/2 bath and more storage, dual outside awnings, theater seats!

I do want to make one comment - in the past I have been very critical of Camping World in Oakwood, GA. Cudos to Dan Dryer, Collem, and the staff in Chattanooga for getting us in, quickly and professionally taken care of, and on the way home. Collem even gave me all of the information the tech had on the A/C to help my guy at Apalachee.
While in the customer lounge we met a couple from Nashville that had driven 3 hours to buy a new Class A RV because of bad treatment at CW in Nashville - all Camping Worlds are not equal - sorry to get a little off topic- just wanted to say-

wdk450

Larry and Sharon:
Sorry about your problems, but happy about your positive feedback on RV servicers. Please think about posting about your experiences on RVServiceReviews.com, as current positive reviews are just as important as old negative reviews. Maybe it shows the company is making progress in its service and customer relations.