Mallard - Battery Disconnect Switch

danemayer

Hi MallardHead,

I don't think any of the ball-hitch trailers come standard with a battery cutoff switch - probably to keep the price affordable.

You can get one from Amazon.com for $25. They're also probably available at RV or Marine dealer parts departments.

Last edited by a moderator:

MallardHead

Cool, looks pretty easy to install

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tlassen

We purchased a Mallard M231 in November 2016. I ordered a cutoff switch from Amazon and installed it on the battery cover. The install was easy and quick and it works like a charm.

MallardHead

We purchased a Mallard M231 in November 2016. I ordered a cutoff switch from Amazon and installed it on the battery cover. The install was easy and quick and it works like a charm.
This is what I ended up doing

a463231b70bce79c5e4614a9f7eb45a6.jpg

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

tlassen

Looks great Kevin..our install almost identical just a different brand of switch..tim

awboatguy

I am having trouble with my battery life on my '17 M33 only had it 3 months and the battery keeps dying. Have checked to make sure everything is tured off, but to no avail. Anyone else experience this?

danemayer

I am having trouble with my battery life on my '17 M33 only had it 3 months and the battery keeps dying. Have checked to make sure everything is tured off, but to no avail. Anyone else experience this?
Hi awboatguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you mean that the battery dies while the trailer is in storage, not plugged into shore power, it's because of small parasitic loads in the trailer. These might include a radio, alarm(s) and perhaps other devices that are never completely off.

Your trailer may not have come with a battery cutoff switch. If that's the case, you should add one. They're relatively inexpensive and you can probably get one from your dealer parts department.

awboatguy

Hi awboatguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you mean that the battery dies while the trailer is in storage, not plugged into shore power, it's because of small parasitic loads in the trailer. These might include a radio, alarm(s) and perhaps other devices that are never completely off.

Your trailer may not have come with a battery cutoff switch. If that's the case, you should add one. They're relatively inexpensive and you can probably get one from your dealer parts department.

So I've been looking around and haven't found a cutoff switch. So, am going to put one on this weekend.

Thank you you for the help!🙂🛶⛺️