Mallard M33 Lug Nut Size

travsmit

Anyone happen to know the size socket I need for the lug nuts on a Mallard M33? We recently bought a new M33 and know we need to tighten the lug nuts before taking it back out again, but it is in storage and not easy for me to check the size on them. I can't find anything in the owner's manual that shows the lug nut size.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

You should use a torque wrench so as to not under/over torque them. Harbor Freight has torque wrenches and a set of deep lug sockets at reasonable price. The lug size is stamped on the outside of ours in very small numbering. The torque setting is dependent on the size of your lugs. You can call Heartland with your vin number and ask. When finished with the torque wrench, always set it to have no torque value. Otherwise the overtime the wrench will be out of calibration.

Here is a web page with the lug nut torque specs for aluminum rims. I have 9/16" lugs and my setting is 120 ft/lbs. It is important to keep the threads in spring tension. This is what keeps them from loosening. If too loose or too tight, they will loosen up.
https://recstuff.com/pro-tips/typical-lug-nut-torque-specifications-for-aluminum-trailer-wheels/

Last edited: