Master Bathroom Outlet not working

dannyjo83

I had a problem with electrical outlet in master bathroom in my 2015 Bighorn not working. I checked GFCI and pushed to reset after checking breakers.
Recently have same problem again. No power to small appliance and checked breakers and GFCI. Observed that this with foul weather (rain) as happened before. Any suggestions as I am not electrically savvy.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All of the things that you mentioned are all on the same GFI.
And one thing that caught my attention was that you said you observed the problem with rainy weather.
Your outside receptacles are also on that GFI.
I suggest that you inspect the outside receptacles to insure they are not getting wet. If they are wet that will trip the GFI.
You should also pull every receptacle on that circuit and inspect for a loose wire. This would include the refrigerator receptacle if you don't have the residential model as well as the basement receptacles.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Dave said. Get some 2" blue painters tape and cover the outside outlets from on the wall down and the plug and see if the problem goes away. If so, check the caulking and rubber seal around that outlet.

dannyjo83

Thanks for info. Outlets working but wife uses hairdryer trips GCFI. Reset and hairdryer still trips GCFI. Other smaller appliances (toothbrush) does not trip GCFI.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hairdryer pulls lots of amp and may just pull more than 15 amps depending on the hairdryer. Try a different outlet.

danemayer

Thanks for info. Outlets working but wife uses hairdryer trips GCFI. Reset and hairdryer still trips GCFI. Other smaller appliances (toothbrush) does not trip GCFI.

If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage from HOT to NEUTRAL and from HOT to GROUND on the outlet. If not the same, you have a voltage leak tripping the GFCI outlet.

Also, the hairdryer pulls a certain number of watts. If voltage is low for some reason, then the amps needed will be higher and may trip the outlet.