Mattress is too hard!

GETnBYE

I have to agree with everyone else who posted to get a new mattress. We always get a new one, I wish they would not even bother to put one in the new units. Our dealer had a way to donate it while it was new to a shelter.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Added 4" memory foam to ours, makes it just right thickness for the sheets and sleeps better than our standard mattress at home. Bought from overstock.com. The denser they are the better they support.

TT

dieselsweetheart

With everyone running out and buying new toppers and new mattresses, ya wonder why Heartland doesn't put better mattresses in their rigs in the first place? Maybe because of the old saying "ya can't please everybody"...even with a nice mattress some would still change out. We ran out the next morning to WalMart to get a topper...which worked well...then when we got a sleep number in the house we (and I really mean DH) took our old mattress out to the BH. We're good...we sleep very well in the BH.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I actually like the matterss that came with the BC but Sam did not. We bought a 4" topper from Dave at the Nashville Rally and it has helped Sam alot.
As far as the sleep number bed, we have a king sleep number at home. We think it is a waste of money. We have had it for 3 years still cant find a number that offers full support for either of us.

Hard! Ours is like a box springs and not comfy at all. Talking with dealer but I can say this mattress is coming out. If the dealer can't help we will go buy a new one at Sams or Wally World.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We use a 4" memory foam from Sam's Club with a quilted mattress cover over it. It sleeps as good as our tempurpedic at home.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We brought a 3 inch Memory foam and then got a goose down cover to put over it. It sleeps better then the one in the house. We have had it for 4 years now. We got ours from overstock.com too.

Snakebite

The first thing that I did.... the day after I brought the new rig home, was to get rid of the cheap mattress and put in a good one.

Snakebite

Brett2413

I wish I had that problem, me wife is telling me the mattress is too soft, we even paid for the better mattress. I'm going to go out and find a rock to sleep on and see if that is too soft. need help finding a HARD mattress.

J

Jim_Hickey

All sound like great options. We do offer an upgraded mattress as a Sundance option with the pillowtop filled with memory foam. It has become a very popular option.
Thank you!

caissiel

I am all in favor of the manufacturer to supply a so so mattress and leave it to the new owner to choose a proper setup. No way everyone can be satisfied because we all need our own style. Because we spend 33% time laying in the bed I feel its our choice. But the manufacture should have layouts that uses standard mattresses. I had the modify the whole frame to fit ours when we changed mattress that fit the layout.

J

Jim_Hickey

It is our intention to provide a standard size queen bed in every floor plan; however, it isn't always possible based on floor plan layout.