Maxair vent covers on Sundance

2Stepn

Just picked up our new Sundance 221RB. I plan on putting Maxair original vent covers on the roof vents, but am wondering how others have mounted the covers on the curved roof. It looks like some type of shims on top of the maxair brackets will be necessary. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks, Bill

Just picked up our new Sundance 221RB. I plan on putting Maxair original vent covers on the roof vents, but am wondering how others have mounted the covers on the curved roof. It looks like some type of shims on top of the maxair brackets will be necessary. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks, Bill

Bill, the covers mount on brackets that connect to the vent, not the roof, so there's no issue with the sloped roof. This is the MaxxAir II vent cover, but the mounting is similar.

Attachments

• Vent-mounting.jpg
    Vent-mounting.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 22

2Stepn

I finally got the Maxair vent covers installed. I did have to place a 1/4" thick aluminum shim on top of the vent brackets. This was done because the vents are installed on the crown of the roof, and without the shims when the vent cover to bracket bolts were tightened it cause the edge of the vent cover to bow over and dig into the roof material. In my opinion, not a good idea.
Bill