MCD Blinds

pegmikef

Tony and Erika, I don't have a picture of the installed shades, but here is a picture of the roller mechanism which should give you an idea of what needs to be covered by the valance. The picture is of the dual shades. This link takes you to the manual and if you scroll down to page five (installation) it will show you a couple of more picures and the installation procedures. My guess is that you should meaure the inside height of your valance at the center point (shortest point) to determine the fit.

http://mcdinnovations.com/downloads/MCD-AmDuo-OM-r6-1-5-download.pdf

Attachments

• shade2.bmp
    179.9 KB · Views: 74

MTPockets

I found it was easiest to remove our valance and mount the clips with short screws into the top of the valance. Then, the roller shade snaps into those clips. Using long screws, start them into the valance top, but just barely through. Finally, reposition the valance (need two people) and have ready a power screwdriver with a long extension to clear the valance front. Screw the valance to the underside of the cabinet. (This is how ours is mounted)

MTPockets

I found it was easiest to remove our valance and mount the clips with short screws into the top of the valance. Then, the roller shade snaps into those clips. Using long screws, start them into the valance top, but just barely through. Finally, reposition the valance (need two people) and have ready a power screwdriver with a long extension to clear the valance front. Screw the valance to the underside of the cabinet. (This is how ours is mounted)
Also, take extra precaution when using the power screwdriver as it may rub against the rolled up MCD shade as it rotateswhen doing that final mount. I thought of it later, but in hind site I would try to place something flat between the rotating driver and the shade to prevent possible abrasion.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
The valence will not cover the dual roller blinds. Faye is making some new curtains to cover ours.

pegmikef

Our valance has the side piece that runs down to the window bottom. Do some models not have that?

The hallway window does not and the bedroom has curtains in place of the sides. The living area ones are of varying lengths. Some go all the way to the bottom of the windows while some only three quarters of the way down. Off hand I don't remember which ones, but the windows look balanced so it is no big deal.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Measured ours today. At the top of the curve, it's less than 3", so looks like a no-go for the dual shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Someone asked for photos so here they are.

Attachments

• mcd shade 3.JPG
    mcd shade 3.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 97
  • mcd clips.JPG
    mcd clips.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 103
  • mcd shade 1.JPG
    mcd shade 1.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 88
  • mcd shade 2.JPG
    mcd shade 2.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 94

szewczyk_john

will someone throw out a ball park idea of a price for a typical 3 window slide out? 2 small windows for the sides of the slide out and the larger window over the sofa? not asking for specifics just a ball park idea since the wife has seen this posting and likes the idea so much better than the stock blinds. A special thanks go out to all those posted the pictures that she has seen.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
will someone throw out a ball park idea of a price for a typical 3 window slide out? 2 small windows for the sides of the slide out and the larger window over the sofa? not asking for specifics just a ball park idea since the wife has seen this posting and likes the idea so much better than the stock blinds. A special thanks go out to all those posted the pictures that she has seen.

If you go to the MCD Innovationswebsite there is a pricing list. It all depends on the size of the blind and whether you want the Gold (lower quality) or the American (higher quality) series. We did our own estimate and were within $100 of the actual price when we had the Dealer (Mastertech RV in Elkhart) measure and order them. http://www.mcdinnovations.com/