MCD Platinum Series blind installation

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Since the valances are so cheaply made and installed on these rigs has anyone come up with a way to install the MCD blinds that does not require them to be attached to a valance that will not hold their weight?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen other than my own, but no blind is attached to the valance. Yours are?

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My MCD shades are attached to the valance...had a problem with the rear one unwinding and busting the spring. Got a new spring and the manufacturer said to just make sure they are all the way up during transit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize, I was talking day/night shades that are screwed to the wall.
Was not thinking MCD.

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Oh...ours are installed really well too...but the bouncing in the rear made the shade unroll and busted the spring. It never came loose from the valance.

pegmikef

I had my mcd shades installed at the factory. The valances in the living/dining area of our BH are well made and durable, unlike some that I have seen that just have cloth sides. I had to remake the valances in the hall and bedroom as they were not of sufficient size to accommodate the shades without showing part of the roller mechanism. Simple task and no problems since.