McKinnley COE Ga

BrannonB

Has anyone ever stayed here? We are new owners (Nov. 2018) and are trying to plan a trip next month. We will be going to Atlanta for the weekend and want a campground that’s not out of the way (first trip). I have seen McKinnley and it’s got amazing reviews, but not sure about picking a site unseen. My wife is pretty reluctant about the whole camping thing so I want it to be a pleasant experience for her.

Thanks.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
we will be there in April but have been there before. pick a site that fits your rig and all will be well.We love the place.

Kbvols

We stayed at Payne campground last year just down the road from McKinnley. It was really nice but a smaller campground. When we made reservations they had a picture of the site which was beneficial I am sure McKinnley would have the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

weekender01

We like McKinney Campground, but just be very aware of site length and location when choosing your site. Some of the roads can be narrow and the sites tight/sloped to get into depending upon the length of your camper. If you have never been there before I suggest you arrive during day light to make it easier to navigate through the campground as it gets very dark at night.

There are some great sights overlooking the water. Don't forget a portable tote since they do not have sewer hook up. Good luck and enjoy.

CoveredWagon

We like McKinney Campground, but just be very aware of site length and location when choosing your site. Some of the roads can be narrow and the sites tight/sloped to get into depending upon the length of your camper. If you have never been there before I suggest you arrive during day light to make it easier to navigate through the campground as it gets very dark at night.

There are some great sights overlooking the water. Don't forget a portable tote since they do not have sewer hook up. Good luck and enjoy.

That right there is some good information to have 😁 seriously

BrannonB

Thank you for the replies. I have looked at all the pics I could find online. And that was very helpful, but most don’t show site numbers just sites. But throughout the day that I was looking at them I noticed the available site numbers slowly dwindling away so I reserved a site. I believe we got a great site, now just to get the rest of the goodies bought and packed. Our maiden voyage is in mid March, so we will see how well it goes. Lol

Kbvols

Thank you for the replies. I have looked at all the pics I could find online. And that was very helpful, but most don’t show site numbers just sites. But throughout the day that I was looking at them I noticed the available site numbers slowly dwindling away so I reserved a site. I believe we got a great site, now just to get the rest of the goodies bought and packed. Our maiden voyage is in mid March, so we will see how well it goes. Lol

Hope you have a great trip and great first outing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk