Meeting other Heartland owners

Sandie

We have in the past...met 4 really nice couples in NV that had the same RV we have, just different floor plans.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
YES.... When I am in a campground I go talking to anyone in a Heartland unit. Some come out and sit down, some just stand in the doorway for a few minutes. I try not to be pushy. I just ask them how they like their Heartland unit. Just resently I met the West family in Sidney NE @ the Cabala RV Park. Now they are at the Cody Wy rally. Wish I could be there.

I have knocked on some doors that they didn't want to talk. I always ask them if they know about the forum and tell them how much it is helpful to the owners. What is fun is to find a Heartland unit and I have met them at a rally sometime earlier...

Go For it.. but be nice... (I got that from the movie Road House..)

BC

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
As the WI chapter leader for the HOC I always talk to other Heartland owners. We have been on the road since April on a western road trip, and I stopped counting at 14 units. All the owners were happy with their units, and that says a lot about Heartland. However, you have to be ready for the unhappy owner just waiting to give you info on all the problems an unhappy owner is having. That has happened but not often. You can also offer to help the owner with issues by putting them in touch with the Heartland people that can help them correct their issues. It really is fun to talk to other owners, and sometimes the beer is really cold, too :)

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We try to meet all that we see but have only found 1 couple that was very friendly - even took us on a tour of their classic Landmark. Most have not known about the the forum or the owners club and weren't interested either. Oh well...we look forward to meeting more down the road!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We try to meet all that we see but have only found 1 couple that was very friendly - even took us on a tour of their classic Landmark. Most have not known about the the forum or the owners club and weren't interested either. Oh well...we look forward to meeting more down the road!

We've given several tours and will chat with anyone. :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Say Alice.. Where are you.. You don't have your location setup. How can we come visit you when we don't know where you are.

Come on. Give us a little help.:angel:

BC

BTW... We just missed meeting someone in a North Trail here yesterday. The pulled out today before we could drop by and say HI... Getting slow in my old age...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Do you go introduce yourself to other Heartland owners? I just saw a Cyclone pull into the campground. :)

We do this all the time. Never really knock on doors as such but catch people when they are around the camp fire or out walking. So far we have not met with any adverse response. Most people are very friendly.

PS Sometimes I will wear a Heartland hat, coat or something, which often initiates a greeting from others first!

meandg

crawgator
When we first got ours we did stop and talk to others more. Now if they are out we will talk to them. You never know who is out there.

57chevyconvt

Two other Heartland trailers in the River View Campground in Fairbanks, AK. Neither are club member nor visit this forum. I have encouraged them to join the Heartland family and join the fun of getting to know other Heartland owers via the forum.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Say Alice.. Where are you.. You don't have your location setup. How can we come visit you when we don't know where you are.

Come on. Give us a little help.:angel:

BC

BTW... We just missed meeting someone in a North Trail here yesterday. The pulled out today before we could drop by and say HI... Getting slow in my old age...

Right now we're at Fort Chiswell RV Park in northwest Virginia. :)

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
The gentleman next to us used to own a landmark. We had a long chat and he gave me a list of places in CO that I don't want to take the rig over. 12,000 foot passes? No thanks, I'll go the long way. :)

He's full timing now in a class A.

Everyone is so impressed with the big Country. I told Eric I'm going to have to talk to Heartland about a referral fee. Tehe

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We sure do! We've net some very nice people that way. So far we've never ran into anyone that wasn't friendly.

Joy

jbeletti

It runs about 50/50 for me. That none of you work for Heartland shields you a bit from those that want to really bend your ear. Thanks to everyone for reaching out to other Heartland owners in campgrounds.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've stayed there a number of times :)

We like Ft. Chiswell too...I81 is a nice relaxing way to travel on the east coast. Keeps you away from the dreaded I95 and the Baltimore/Washington corridor.

As for meeting Heartlanders...DEFINITELY!! We, however, do not knock on doors...we usually try to catch people outside. Find they are more responsive when you start with a casual conversation, and then lead into Heartland Ownership! It can be great fun and enjoyable...give it a try!

brianharrison

It runs about 50/50 for me. That none of you work for Heartland shields you a bit from those that want to really bend your ear. Thanks to everyone for reaching out to other Heartland owners in campgrounds.

Jim, I sure appreciate the work you do for Heartland - even the not so pleasant 50%. As always - THANKS!

Brian

kakampers

Being Ambassadors, we sometimes have that issue too...they hear "Ambassador", and immediately think we work for Heartland! Every once in a while it comes back to bite us, but we just smile and try to help where we can with contact info, etc. It usually calms them down that we are at least willing to listen to their "venting", and try to point them in the direction of some sort of assistance, if at all possible.

kakampers

The gentleman next to us used to own a landmark. We had a long chat and he gave me a list of places in CO that I don't want to take the rig over. 12,000 foot passes? No thanks, I'll go the long way. :)

He's full timing now in a class A.

Everyone is so impressed with the big Country. I told Eric I'm going to have to talk to Heartland about a referral fee. Tehe

Don't be afraid of those passes...you've got the rig that can handle it! Tow haul and the exhaust brake in your 2011 Ford can MORE than handle those passes...you will miss some of the most impressive scenery ANYWHERE!! We've done 8-9% grades and our Chevy will hold us under 60mph downhill...it automatically grade brakes for you, and you almost never even touch the brakes...give it a try!!