Mega Shower

phix

We really enjoy the huge shower. Very nice design. However, just a warning to any one else that may have this shower with the triple glass sliding doors. In our BH, the center glass door got a half dollar sized hole (on the edge) broken during transit. There is a thingamajig that is supposed to hold the shower doors in an open position, but it didn't work. Heartland is replacing it under warranty, but I would rather not have to do this again. Thus we bought a 1/4 inch round PVC and put it in the tracks for insurance in the future.

Just an FYI.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you post a picture or two of how you are doing this? A little more info also would be nice on what is the problem. I have this door and I'm interested.

jjriker

We have the same kind of shower, and we secure it with a disposable cable tie that makes sure it stays open while we are traveling.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have the mega shower which we love. For travel, we have put a velcro cable tie to help hold the clap down and if it come loose, this will help keep the doors from moving.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use a cable tie also, on the plastic hook.
Plus, DW puts strips of that reflective material we use on windows down in the track. Much like the !/2" pvc desribed above.
Our's broke loose once and jammed up in the track. No broken glass, however. We were able to straighten it out and with the above precautions, we have not had any further problems.
Love the shower now that it's fixed. I don't bang my elbows on the walls, because it's big.

phix

Can you post a picture or two of how you are doing this? A little more info also would be nice on what is the problem. I have this door and I'm interested.

I'd be happy to post a picture but...... the BH is in the shop for some warranty work including replacement of the broken glass door. After reading others comments regarding stabilizing the doors in this thread, there is more than one way to solve the problem. The point is that you might not want to trust the plastic hook that is provided on the left edge of the shower.

My suggestion was a quarter inch wooden dowel placed in the door track, but hubby knew that we could get the same thing using 1/4 inch plastic PVC (found in the plumbing department in Home Depot). It's the same concept used for big glass sliding patio doors to keep burglars from breaking in a home by putting a broom handle in the track, only smaller for the shower doors. Hope this is more clear.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
DW just informed me she also is wrapping a band of that bubble wrap plastic stuff around the top frame in front of the doors with velcro.
Even with the bottom track blocked there has been a tendancy for the doors to try to tip a little during a rough ride.
Also takes all the stress off of that little plastic hook thingy. Which made our towel rod, (which it attaches to) slip down, as well. HL needs to go back to the drawing board on securing the shower door. IMHO Trace

plumberdude

Hey there
We have the same shower in our new BC. the door holder is still intack, the only thing is the door was installed off level.
when you close the door the top hits ok and the bottom is out 1/2 inch. the whole door needs to be redone.
we stayed in Creede Co, all summer ( back and forth still have to work) now that we are back at home we should have it looked at.
plenty of ideas to keep the door open. thanks everybody