Shower Door 2022 Road Warrior model 3965

Has any one else found the shower doors, which are three piece sliding glass to be unacceptable. The opening is about 14 inch wide and it is very ackward to enter the shower. I am of average height and weight and both my wife and me have to turn sideways to get in the shower. I had a glass shower door look at it and to switch it to a opening door was about $1800. I am not sure i want to invest in a door for that price. It is obvious that whoever designed this shower door never had to use the shower.

Has any one come up with a solution?

Roller4tan

WIth 2 of the panes slid over the third, we have plenty of room to enter the shower, even with the shower seat. Do yours slide like that?

WIth 2 of the panes slid over the third, we have plenty of room to enter the shower, even with the shower seat. Do yours slide like that?
Yes it does have 3 panels, approximately 12 inches wide. You slide back 2 of the 3 panels which leaves about a 12 inch opening to get in. I can do it but have to turn sideways to get in. Mine does not have a shower seat so my shower must be narrower.

david-steph2018

If you take the doors out, you could replace with a rod & curtain. There are curved curtain rods, that will allow a little more room.

If you take the doors out, you could replace with a rod & curtain. There are curved curtain rods, that will allow a little more room.
i have found that some other heartland models have a sliding curtain in a track. The curtain gathers at either edge giving alot of opening. It looks like it is a heavy vinyl pleated curtain, so that is probably what i will do.
thanks for the reply.

david-steph2018

i have found that some other heartland models have a sliding curtain in a track. The curtain gathers at either edge giving alot of opening. It looks like it is a heavy vinyl pleated curtain, so that is probably what i will do.
thanks for the reply.
I would not use a sliding curtain in a track, it could be a pain to slide after a while. Consider the curved, round track to give more space.