Melted Dometic AC covers

We own a 2016 Heartland Bighorn 3010re.
I purchased a cover to protect it from the elements and noticed after I removed it that the covers for my two Dometic AC units had melted / deformed.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks
Gary

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The a/c covers get brittle after years of sun but I've never seen one melt.

dewwood

Is it possible that the cover for the rv is somehow applifying the effects of the sun causing the melting of the ac cover?

LBR

A thought....

If the rig was in the hot sun and a quality cover was made of heavier material (think non-breathable), all of the heat between the cover and rig could migrate up to the highest point (AC areas). One wouldn't expect it to get hot enough to affect plastic, but the narrow, thin louvers of these AC covers are pretty flimsy and MAYBE could warp if hot enough.

carl.swoyer

I used a wagner heat gun and towels to reshape the dome on my satellite. Heat it press back into shape and let it cool.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here in the southwestern Arizona desert, where we had three weeks of daily 115+ degree temps recently, the sun will melt vent lids and dry rot AC shrouds quickly.

I work in an RV parts store in Yuma and every day we have people with brand new to maybe two to three year old RV's with dry-rotted vent lids and AC shrouds.

To save your vent lids...put white (not black or smoke colored) vent covers over each vent...

As for the AC shroud...use some 303 UV protectant on it regularly.

If the AC shroud has melted, I'm wondering if maybe it melted due to being overused in the hot southwest and the AC got too hot for the shroud.

Have seen that a lot this summer...