Messed up my 9100 Power Awning and need to replace

lynndiwagoner

Has anyone done this? Scraped it on a tree limb and had to completely remove it. New one on the way. Instructions? Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did that last year. Called the insurance company and then a local RV dealer. They replaced it on my site while we were not there and charged me about $400 less than the check the insurance company sent me to cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynndiwagoner

Update: Ordered the replacement awning and new "arms" from an awning company on the internet. The black awning material is not standard and had to be special ordered from Dometic. I scoured the internet for instructions on installing the 9100 power awning with no luck. I emailed Dometic and they emailed me the instructions. For anyone contemplating doing this themselves the instructions are attached. They should probably be made part of the "Heartland Owners Manuals" as they are hard to come by. At any rate, the job is not too complicated for three people. The hardest part is holding the assembly up while threading the new awning material through the channel. My wife had a really good idea about using the 19' awning shipping tube to hold the awning assembly up while a third person threaded the awning into the channel. I cut the tube in half and added some wood to the bottom so that it was at the correct height. I don't know how this is done at the factory but I suspect they use scaffolding. The awning "welt" is installed on the LED light channel before sliding it through the channel. Everything is back to factory and the new awning and LED lights work like they did before my accident. This project is probably not for every person but it can be done.

Attachments

• Awning installation.pdf
    469.9 KB · Views: 26