Mice and a New Leak

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've just concluded another pleasurable two week stay at the BH. Thought we got away clean until I noticed a bit of water on the shelf under the lavatory sink. Just as I was closing up the rig to leave. Seems there is a bit of seepage from the cold water line at the underside of the faucet. Hand tightened it (I ain't weak), but it still had seepage. Shut off the water and depressurized the rig. Something to fix next visit (a week from now). I'm thinking that if it's more than just reseating the connection and the faucet needs replacing, I might install a couple of shut-off valves in the supply lines while I'm at it. Run flexible stainless steel cased lines from the valves to the sink, instead of No-flex PEX.

As for mice, the score is brain-damaged kills 4, scared to death 1. The wife caught a glimpse of one inside the kitchen before it ran under the slide. I caught four in the basement areas and hose storage compartment using peanut butter baited spring traps. We found the fifth laying intact but extremely dead by the cat's dishes. Must have looked Mr. Black Death (Max) in the eye and keeled over. After finding that one, no more caught or heard from. Besides the traps, I also plugged in one of those ultrasonic mice deflectors under the counter overhang, above their dishes. If that actually works, I might stick one in the rear of the basement, behind the panels. There's an extra, unused outlet on the back wall down there. Next visit will see me closing more holes under the rig, as well. Gotta figure out some way to close off the garage openings, too.