Mice

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The MouseFree is a thick gel-like material that does not appear to dry out and retains the light smell for a long time. Unlike a solvent based mint oil that eventually evaporates to dryness, losing the aroma.
Prior to spraying this season, I wiped down everything with rags to reduce the buildup and accumulated dirt. Still gelatinous and a faint aroma to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The MouseFree is a thick gel-like material that does not appear to dry out and retains the light smell for a long time. Unlike a solvent based mint oil that eventually evaporates to dryness, losing the aroma.
Prior to spraying this season, I wiped down everything with rags to reduce the buildup and accumulated dirt. Still gelatinous and a faint aroma to it.

You've sold me, But the cost! I struggle with that. But need to do something before it gets colder.

alexb2000

I used to use a product called Fresh Cab on all my stuff. It is a packet that smells like those christmas tree air fresheners you used to hang from your mirror. Anyway, they work pretty well as long as you keep them fresh (pun intended). It got to be a pain to put them out every month or two and the cost was ~$150 a year. They were also not 100% effective, kind of like having a nice apartment next to a feedlot, someone will live there if the rent is cheap enough.

This MouseFree seems like a similar product except for the KY jelly spray consistency.

I wouldn't want to be the poor sap that has to work on an RV sprayed with MouseFree.... In my case that poor sap is me, No thanks!

Kbvols

Sadly, I think we got a supermouse. Pulled off of 2 glue traps and broke out of 2 of the black circular traps.

Like I said, since the cats are staring at the kitchen slide seal, I'm not exactly sure where to put a trap for that.

We had the same thing. We thought we had Mighty Mouse in our rig. We keep ours parked at our cabin in the woods so constantly fighting mice. We use peppermint spray, tom cat traps, traps with peanut butter, glue boards, fresh cab and an electronic device. We have been successful to keep limited to the storage area with no damage until Mighty Mouse. MM shredded bags, ate thru some wires, ripped out some insulation, damaged carpet luckily all was in storage area. As it turns out MM was actually a chipmunk or red jimmy squirrel as some call them. It was climbing up thru the propane storage area then up the front of the frame into the storage area. I have a big sheet of corrugated plastic that I cut pieces up to block holes and access points. So far 4 months and no issues.

All that said you may have more than a mouse depending where you live. Good luck these little rodents are aggravating and destructive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had the same thing. We thought we had Mighty Mouse in our rig. We keep ours parked at our cabin in the woods so constantly fighting mice. We use peppermint spray, tom cat traps, traps with peanut butter, glue boards, fresh cab and an electronic device. We have been successful to keep limited to the storage area with no damage until Mighty Mouse. MM shredded bags, ate thru some wires, ripped out some insulation, damaged carpet luckily all was in storage area. As it turns out MM was actually a chipmunk or red jimmy squirrel as some call them. It was climbing up thru the propane storage area then up the front of the frame into the storage area. I have a big sheet of corrugated plastic that I cut pieces up to block holes and access points. So far 4 months and no issues.

All that said you may have more than a mouse depending where you live. Good luck these little rodents are aggravating and destructive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I forgot, we are using Fresh Cab too, and a few electronic plug-ins.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I used to use a product called Fresh Cab on all my stuff. It is a packet that smells like those christmas tree air fresheners you used to hang from your mirror. Anyway, they work pretty well as long as you keep them fresh (pun intended). It got to be a pain to put them out every month or two and the cost was ~$150 a year. They were also not 100% effective, kind of like having a nice apartment next to a feedlot, someone will live there if the rent is cheap enough.

This MouseFree seems like a similar product except for the KY jelly spray consistency.

I wouldn't want to be the poor sap that has to work on an RV sprayed with MouseFree.... In my case that poor sap is me, No thanks!

It wipes off easily with a rag. Since there isn't a whole lot of maintenance I have to do on the frame or landing gear, it's a non-issue. The only precaution is to not get it on the brakes, so I put a sheet of cardboard behind the wheels when spraying. Done correctly, you only need to apply it once a year.