Micro-Air Easy Start

dieseldog

For those curious about this product, I installed the Easy Start kits on my Bighorn 3970 and am able to run 3 Dometic Blizzard NXT units on 50 amp shore power without any issues. The Bighorn came with 2 ac units but the south Texas heat has been unrelenting and I decided to upgrade one unit that wasn’t cooling too well and installed a 3rd unit in the hole my fantastic vent was in above the kitchen island. Wired the extra unit into the breaker box as there was one open spot available. The Easy Start kits keep the starting amperage well below the 50 amp max. There’s been a few times now that I’ve had clothes in the dryer and all 3 units come on and no breaker tripped so I’d call it a really good product that works as advertised.

orion7144

Are those the quiet ac units? How can I tell what units I have? I do not have access from the inside of the rv.

dieseldog

You’d have to either look through your paperwork on your trailer or call heartland to determine that. The Blizzard units a pretty quiet as is, but redoing the box and ductwork with tape reduced the turbulent air noise further.

esscobra

what kit did you use? originally though about putting a 3rd unit ( one of the lower draw attwoods ) in rear spot where ceiling fan is - but the 2 units have done a good job keeping trailer cool these past 2 years

esscobra

just wonder which one/where you purchased as there are several different people selling them that I have seen- I run on generator a lot- haven't had any issues as I have the 7k efi onan and can run both a/cs and microwave tvs sat etc with no issues

dieseldog

I purchased them direct from Micro-Air. My post was really in reference to running 3 ac units together on 50 amp service utilizing the easy start setup and how great they work and not just running 2 on gen power. They work as advertised for lowering your starting amperage draw to get the units up and running. They would work great for any unit but really prove themselves in a high amperage draw situation i.e when the ac units first start up.