Mikey Joins the Tow Max Blowout Club

Sandpirate69

Well, im filing a claim with the Towmax company for damages. I just got a call from except im walking in for a meeting. So I will call them after. I will post the outcome. This may help other HL owners with some of the cost of repairs. Maybe fill the deductible gap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bksvo

Good Luck with that. At least a few of us have tried, and to my knowledge all have been denied. We all had tread seperation. They will want you to ship them your tire so their "experts" can look at it, then a month or so later they will send you a form letter blaming everything but the tire, but offering you new tires as long as you sign a waiver not to sue them.

I recommend you go through your insurance company and have them go after Dynamic Tire in the subjugation process. I'm working with USAA to do that right now.

Sandpirate69

Yes, I did file through my insurance co. But I still will try and file complaints with the BBB & a few more entities. Its crazy how these folks put crappy tires on these rigs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
The wavier they want you to sign is much more inclusive than just not to sue them. There is also a 'non disclosure' portion. This would prevent you from filing the info with the NHTSB. Also since I did not send them every scrap of the tread the could not determine true cause.

Sandpirate69

Good Luck with that. At least a few of us have tried, and to my knowledge all have been denied. We all had tread seperation. They will want you to ship them your tire so their "experts" can look at it, then a month or so later they will send you a form letter blaming everything but the tire, but offering you new tires as long as you sign a waiver not to sue them.

I recommend you go through your insurance company and have them go after Dynamic Tire in the subjugation process. I'm working with USAA to do that right now.

I don't want their tire. I've already invested in 17.5" rims with Goodyear G114's. I figured they would have some type of waiver, so that you don't try to sue them.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Same thing with me. I sent the tire back to Dynamic just to receive a letter 6 weeks later to tell me I am at fault. I also had tread separation leading to a blowout.

This Canadian tire company is a real piece of work. But the good news is that Heartland is looking into the situation and may possibly be looking for another tire option.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
View attachment 22419
No,, it didn't blow,, but the tread did come off. 3 years old, 35-40K miles. :)

Wow, Jim, I dont think I have ever seen a pick up bed that shredded from a tread separation. Kind of surprised it didn't catch your tailpipe too. And all from a Michelin...UGH And it looks like it just put a hole in the middle of the bed side with out a rip to it?

BTW, just curious, does your TrailAir not sit level or is that just a camera angle thing?

jimtoo

Just camera angle I guess. Did not hurt bed, just all the outer stuff.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

tireman9

The wavier they want you to sign is much more inclusive than just not to sue them. There is also a 'non disclosure' portion. This would prevent you from filing the info with the NHTSB. Also since I did not send them every scrap of the tread the could not determine true cause.

You don't need every scrap of the failed tire to file a complaint with NHTSA. Here are a couple of posts that will help you understand the process and what is needed.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26576898.cfm

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26576852.cfm

caissiel

I have a feeling we need to blame the OEM policy for the problem. These tires are not shown for sale in Canada and to save on duties Dynamic looks to be the middle man in this as they are shipped direct.
My door locks never worked properly since new and after many attemt to fix the problem this fall I bought new locks for both screen and main doors. They are same model that were on and they are magically wonderfull. I think OEM parts are bought in bulk and the bad are mixed with the good. RV parts in stores for me have been much better. And it has happened many times.
Middle

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

pegmikef

I had a request for any pictures of the blow out I had a few weeks ago. I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to send them in a pm, so I am posting them here.

Attachments

• bo1.JPG
    bo1.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 58
  • bo2.JPG
    bo2.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 59
  • bo3.JPG
    bo3.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 61

tireman9

Thanks for posting the pictures. Sorry to say nothing I can see to help with estimating cause. Sometimes the evidence is captured in a picture and sometimes it isn't. I have a post specifically showing how it is sometimes possible to see the evidence that supports the conclusion the root cause was an air loss and not a tire defect.