Missing items..

george637

The used 2016 Bighorn 3270rs came into the dealer for us to look at. We noticed there were some items missing that the previous owner must have kept: the safe, the dyson vacuum, and the folding dinette chairs. The dealer said he'll work on getting these items for us before we pick up this rig next week. If the dealer doesn't deliver, would you suggest I contact Heartland to order these items or would it be better to order them somewhere else?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can get a Dyson just about anywhere. As for the folding chairs if you need them to match give Heartland a call and if the safe was removed by the previous owner I kinda wonder how secure it would be anyway.

Peace
Dave

george637

Thanks for these suggestions. I called Heartland and they do have these items available for a total of $1022.40 + tax and shipping. The chairs are $174.45 each, safe is $127.50, and Dyson is $546. We'll see how our dealership handles these missing items! Your comment about the safe made me laugh. Yeah, for $127, you'd think it would be more...well, safe!

NYSUPstater

Couple hundred bucks for a new cordless vac at Wally World. No clue on safe besides a Smith & Wesson. Chairs, okay factory. Wow! Over $1,000.00 to replace 4 items? That's nuts!!!

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Wow!! my thought is the dealer should pull through with the missing items. Best of luck with it. And congratulations on the new
Bighorn!! :eek:

Terri

tessa

we have the safe and it is nice for misc items. for the important stuff I have a fireproof safe- I hope. LOL
as said above shop the Dyson.
we had two folding dinette chairs and decided we would not need them so we gave them to my MIL.
hopefully the dealer will come through, at least try to get the chairs.

enjoy the new camper!!

brianlajoie

I would deduct 5 times the cost of replacing the items. This would let the dealer know that they cannot ignore you. You are not married to this trailer yet. I hope you got all the paper work that came with the trailer too. Unless you can contact the previous owner, you will never know who removed the items from the trailer.

CDN

B and B
Being as some items are missing, make sure everything works. Like the TV, stove, radio or receiver etc. Be thorough.

esscobra

dysons work great - you cant get better deals on ebay- the safe you an buy anywhere maybe 100 bucks - and if you are not critical the match exactly- there are some a camping world and bed bath and beyond that are folding - look more like 2 main chairs and are 69-99.00-

I would have dealer credit you the amount + shipping and buy the items yourself

mlpeloquin

All items can be purchased cheaper at Walmart, Costco, or Staples. The safe is way over priced and can be found at Walmart or Staples. It screws down from the inside. The next generation Dyson cheaper then what you were quoted. The folding chairs we have are good, but you can find folding chairs at the same cost or cheaper. Heartland is great about getting the items ordered to you, but know only one way - fast. So it cost a lot! I loved it when I needed a few parts under warranty. Got here in two days!

hoefler

You are missing the point, this is a used unit with no guarantee as to what comes with it. The dealer is not obligated to make items that may or may not have been included when purchased new, it is a used unit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
FoldingChairs4Less.com has many quality folding chairs (we have two). A MicroVault safe will hold cash, checkbook, and a compact pistol easily. As for the Dyson, shop around. A big part of Heartland's part price is the shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Have the dealer replace all the missing items. Don't take delivery until they are replaced.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

While I understand the frustration of having things stripped from a trailer - keep in mind this is a USED trailer. Dealer owes them nothing except a clean, running trailer. Now, to make a deal- he may help them out. I hope so. Or get the price lowered to compensate for what's missing

BLR

You are missing the point, this is a used unit with no guarantee as to what comes with it. The dealer is not obligated to make items that may or may not have been included when purchased new, it is a used unit.
My sediments exactly if you want everything that may or may not come with it BUY new..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Entitlements. Anytime I've bought "used", it was "as is."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

When we decided to go from a tent to a 5th wheel, we found one we both liked, but the more we looked at it & talked the more we were skeptical of it & what the salesman was telling us. It was at an RV show, we looked & would leave & talk, look & go talk. It was about 1 year old, and brand new, had been sitting on the dealer's lot the whole time. Can't remember everything we found wrong with it, but I do remember there was no TV, or stereo/DVD player, plus it looked like a parade had passed through it. Salesman told us that they order them from the factory without a TV, DVD & stereo, so the new owner can get what they want & be happy with it. Well I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. I felt pretty sure they had robbed stuff from this one & put it somewhere else. Bottom line is that we walked & didn't look back.

carl.swoyer

Never said that it was new or an entitlement. Simply stating that the buyer can attempt to get those items as part of the negotiation and delivery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk