Missing Weight Label

lcdrdean

We purchased our 2010 Bighorn 3670 in October 2009. The label that is supposed that shows the empty weight, etc. is not posted in the kitchen cabinets, nor anywhere else. I need a copy to show the DMV in South Dakota in order to register my trailer.

Can you provide a duplicate label for VIN 5SFBG3629AE204599?

DougAndJudy

We purchased our 2010 Bighorn 3670 in October 2009. The label that is supposed that shows the empty weight, etc. is not posted in the kitchen cabinets, nor anywhere else. I need a copy to show the DMV in South Dakota in order to register my trailer.

There wasn't one on our 2010 Landmark from about the same purchase date. We looked in all the suggested places and it just wasn't included. I asked the dealer for a copy of the manufacturer certificate and South Dakota accepted that.

K

karykatz

Dean and Terri,

Is the label on your door jam? It should be a yellow sticker. If it is not there, please let us know and we will help you get the info you need.

Hope this helps.

lcdrdean

We have the yellow sticker on the door jam, however it only shows how much weight we can add to the trailer, not the empty weight.

The one I am looking for is the Specification Label (also called Trailer Weight Rating placard) referenced in the first paragraph on page 6 of the owner's manual.

Is it possible to get a copy of that or the manufacturer certificate?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dean, RV manufacturers stopped using that label a couple years ago. The label that gives you the carrying capacity is used to calculate the empty weight by deducting the carrying capacity from the Gross weight. The net is the unloaded vehicle weight. This was changed because of factory added options. The factory now weighs each trailer off the line and these labels tell you true capacity. Dealer and personally added options need to be considered as well.