Mixing tire types

My new North Trail came with (D) diagonal or biased ply tires. I have some spares that are radial ply. I am having no problem with the biased ply now but will get radial when they need replaced.

I know that due to the different driving and steering characteristics. of the two they should never be mixed on a car or truck. Since there are really no driving or steering forces placed on a trailer tire is there a problem mixing biased and radial tires of the same size on a trailer?

I have 3 radials that have never touched the road but were made in 2006 and stored in a shed. I am trying to decide if I should buy one more radial and run them with the biased as spares or leave the biased and use the radials as spares. The issue is when one goes bad.

TeJay

We also have a 2011 NT-24-RBS. It was supposed to come with radials but didn't. It is never a good idea to mix tires as you stated especially bias and radials. When you do that you will have a weak link and that is not a good idea. Bias tires run hotter because of the internal flexing of the cords. That's the biggest advantage of radials. They run cooler, flex more and keep the tread in better contact with the ground and therefore last longer. There's much more to them but that's enough. Keep in mind that the tires are a very critical aspect of safe travel with your camper. You want to have the best you you can get for piece of mind. There is much here on these forums regarding tires. You could get 2 new radials and use two of your other radials. That would not concern me to much. You could then put the last radial as a spare. I sold my original bias camper tires for $100. They will sell because a lot of people use them on utility trailers which are usually used around town. If you do decide try this idea I would get one of those infrared temperature gauges from Harbor Freight and when you take your first trip monitor the tires to determine if there is a great deal of difference in temps from the new radials to the older ones. That will also help with piece of mind. Match your new radials size for size with the old ones and try to get the same brand.
Hope this helps.
Tejay