Modification to the freshwater drain

wyleyrabbit

I definitely don't remember tank heaters being an option on our 2009.

Would these be easy to install afterwards? Perhaps not.

jvblade

Canadian Member
I definitely don't remember tank heaters being an option on our 2009.

Would these be easy to install afterwards? Perhaps not.

I installed tank heaters on my last travel trailer. It was a pretty big job since I had to take down the whole enclosed belly to access the tanks. I will probably just do the water tank in the Big Horn since it is the only tank that I am having freezing problems. So hopefully I won't have to go to the same extent with this trailer.

lwmcguir

Water with solids in it will freeze at a lower temperature than dirinking water and wont freeze as solid. Still would be an issue in Grey/black water if it is very cold for an extended time. The only issue we have ran into is valve freezing which could lead to cracked lines as well. The fresh water tank would freeze first and is the critical one for us as well. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Wharton

Does any0one know if the pads will resolve the freezing issues? or do you "think" it will. We camp in the winter and decided not to have the pads installed(stil have time to add them). Please let me know your thoughts ASAP.

Thanks

When you look at the ultra heat website, you will see all of the available options for tank heaters and they also have sewer fitting heaters as well. I have not installed them yet, but my plan for the future, is to install the tank heaters and fitting heaters on my BC to prevent any possible issues in the future. We got down into the teens this winter and I have not had any freezing issues YET...but winter is not over. More snow is coming later this week!