Monitor panel not working on DC

Bdunk

Hello, looking for advice. My monitor panel and all DC switches on it don't work when not on shore power. Things like the water pump and lights don't work unless on shore power. This just started a few days ago. On shore power everything in the rig works including the monitor panel, so I know my converter is good. Also I climb below and tested it and was getting good voltage out of it. Also if I try to use the auto level up system off the batteries it starts then loses all power. My first thought was bad batteries but I took them to autozone and they tested good. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Brad

danemayer

Hi bdunk,

There's a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker in between the Power Converter and batteries. When it trips, the batteries don't get charged, and if shore power is disconnected, no battery power gets inside the coach.

There's a teeny-tiny reset button on the breaker. As soon as you press it, you should be fully operational again.

Near your batteries you'll find a row of these mini circuit breakers, covered by a red rubber boot. The breakers are connected by a copper buss bar.

I've attached a couple of pictures to guide you. The arrangement of breakers on your rig could be a little different.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 25
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 18

Bdunk

Danemayer,

Thanks for the advice. I found that tiny breaker and that fixed it. I had looked for that thing for awhile as everyone had said the reset button is red, well mine is black and I kept overlooking it. Thanks again.