Monitor panel reading inacurate

Lou1947

My 2010 trailer KIB monitor panel reads 2/3 full on the fresh water when trailer tank is empty. If i fill the tank the monitor will read full but as the tank drains the water level indicator will not drop below 2/3. I have changed the monitor panel but has not corrected the problem.Any thoughts?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lou, the monitor panels on pretty much all brands of trailers are notorious for inaccurate readings. A few get lucky but not many. If you can access your fresh water tank, you could check the connections. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but...

By the way, welcome to the Heartland Forum

GOTTOYS

Monitor panels on every trailer I have owned are worthless. The toilet will burp at you when the tank is full. The shower and sinks won't drain anymore when they're full and you'll know you are out of freshwater when nothing more comes out the faucet. None of these conditions are much of a problem as far as I'm concerned. I never look at the monitors anymore..Don

evolvingpowercat

I have never had a problem with my fresh or grey monitor panel indicators, but the black monitor often reads two thirds even when empty. Seems like all it takes is a little toilet paper caught on the probes that stick into the tank to make that 2/3 full come on. I bought a spray wand that hooks to the sink that I can use to spray hot water around the probes and that fixes it but that is too much work to do very often, so long as it changes to full when its full that gets me by.

There are more expensive types that don't use probes inside the tanks that are more reliable but to my knowledge Heartland never uses them and does not even offer them as an option even on the Landmarks.

Does your fresh level read correctly when you don't have shore power plugged in? One thing that can cause improper operation is excess electrical noise on the 12 volt converter output so you should check that. If reads correctly without shore power and incorrectly with then you may have a 12 volt converter that has a problem.

Last edited:

Lou1947

Thanks for your replies. I will be going to the trailer in the AM and will try different things to see if I can get the monitor to read correctly,