Mor/Ryde Rubber Spring replacement.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had an experience maybe some of you might like to hear about. I also posted this on the Heartland RV FB page.

I just wanted you, that have the Mor/Ryde I/S, to hear what happened to me over the last week or so. While I was at Old Barn, Preston MN Heartland Rally, I had the thought that I should check my I/S system. It had been some time since I had checked the I/S springs. During that inspection I noticed that my right front spring had a crack in the bottom part of the spring. It had seperated about 4" up from the bottom of the lower part of the two part spring. That bothered me. However Terry Hershburger came over and took a look at the spring. He informed me that he had a similar crack and I could travel ok to find a place to get it replaced. That was very helpful. I left Preston MN and made it to Smithville MO and John DeJanes told me that there was a very good trailer place that probably could get the work done for me. Croft Trailer Supply INC 632 S. Hwy 169, Smithville, MO. Roy Turner also told me they were very good and had worked on his trailer also in the past.

I called Mor/Ryde and had them send me a new spring. I found out that the springs have a 5 year Mor/Ryde warranty. Mine were installed in 2009 so it was all at my expense. That was about $250. I ended up taking it to Croft Trailer and they replaced the spring in about 2hrs on Friday. That cost me $170. So I can now be safely on my way. I am going to go towards the Oklahoma City Rally on Saturday and arrive on Monday.

So if you have a problem with your Mor/Ryde suspension and you are near Kansas City MO you might take a look at Croft Trailer Supply to help you. I think they did nice work.

DSC_2812 [1024x768].JPG DSC_2813 [1024x768].JPG DSC_2814 [1024x768].JPG DSC_2816 [1024x768].JPG

I hope this is helpful to some one else..

BC

JMP

Good to hear the rubber torsion/spring got replaced and is working fine. Nice to know information.