More on Mor/Ryde..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is good info Bob and glad you passed it along.
I still think though that a bronze busing would have been a much better material though.
Everything is so heavy duty under the trailer now that "plastic" just doesn't seem to make sense.

Hay Porthole.. I agree that bronze would be better, but if they weren't greased right it would probably wear out the suspension rather than the bushing.
Also the busings are not.... Plastic.. The seem to be more of a fibre.. Not much difference but fibre would be much better than plastic.

Also.. When you go to Mor/Ryde.. Mor/Ryde did not tell me and I did not see anything written that said to raise the tires off the ground when greasing. This was told to me by the mechanic at the place where I had it repaired and aligned. Mor/Ryde told me to grease it every 6k miles or sooner, depending on weight and use.

BC

porthole

Retired
Also the busings are not.... Plastic.. The seem to be more of a fiber.. Not much difference but fiber would be much better than plastic.

I called them "plastic" based on the PDF article I posted, fiberglass = FRP, fiberglass (the fibers) reinforced plastic (epoxy or similar resins)

nscaler2

I guess I'm going to ask a really dumb question here, but when lubing these bearings, how do you know when you have put enough in. Is it like the old zert fittings that used to be on cars. When you had put enough in it would start to ooze out. Like I said, really dumb question, but mine are near the mileage that I should be doing this. Thanks in advance for the info

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I guess I'm going to ask a really dumb question here, but when lubing these bearings, how do you know when you have put enough in. Is it like the old zert fittings that used to be on cars. When you had put enough in it would start to ooze out. Like I said, really dumb question, but mine are near the mileage that I should be doing this. Thanks in advance for the info

Yes. When you have it full of grease it will come out around the suspension. You will see it. It may take a lot of pressure to grease the bushings. I have a battery operated grease gun that will but out about 6500 psi when greasing the suspension.

Be sure to use to use high pressure and high temperature grease.

BC