Morryde Rubberized PinBox

mmomega

AnyTimer
I had never really given much through to the aftermarket pinbox's or shall I say I thought about them but I never pushed that mod to the top of my to do list for my trailer. Boy how wrong was I to do that.

At the Goshen Rally Morryde was have a rally special for their rubberized pinbox, the same that I believe comes on almost if not all of the new Landmark 365 models as a standard feature. I can tell you know I understand why.

So I have the inbox installed and just think, "Well, I wonder if I'll be able to tell a difference while towing? Even if it just takes some of the back and forth chucking out. Or maybe if it just doesn't jolt as much going over certain parts of the road."

Well let me tell you, it is probably one of the best things I've added to my trailer. Now I can't speak for the other models like the trailAir or 5th Airborne but I'm sure they have to work just as well.

For someone that tows a lot and pays attention to every detail while towing you will notice how great this hitch is almost instantly. I know for a fact that I won't own another 5th wheel without this hitch or another one similar. To me it has made that much of a difference. It's crazy that something so simple makes that much of a difference in towing and I feel crazy for putting it off for so long.

If you've been on the edge as to what your next RV purchase should be. Get a cushioned pin box of some sort. Your back, neck and your wife will thank you later.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I installed one 7 years ago and have never looked back. When or if you order one, make sure you get correct weight rating.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Like Alan said, $635 installed by Morryde. I think it took them 6-7 minutes maybe to remove the original and install the new hitch.

It was like they've done it a few times.:)

GOTTOYS

I'm thinking of replacing my Trail Aire Tri-Glide with one. My trailer would sit lower in front and I wouldn't have to mess with adjusting the airbag. Any recommendations?....Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can find them a lot cheaper than that. Do an internet search. Tweetys in TX had good deals on them and free shipping. You will need the UPS or the Fedex guy to put it in the bed of your truck and 2 people can install it. BTW, nobody wants the OEM one. Sell it for scrap.

sengli

I just got mine thru RADAUTO.com for $530 including shipping for the lippert 1621HD style replacement. I kept my OE pinbox, in case I want to keep my new one in the event I trade the trailer someday.

Miltp920

My wife pulled this off another RV site: "Get the nylon disk to put between hitch and the pin. Cheap solution to a more expensive fix".

Anyone feel like they solved a chucking problem with a nylon disc? AND, anyone using a nylon disc AND a pullrite auto slider hitch? I have the 16K Pullrite auto slider pulling 15,500.

My chucking is not real bad, just in the sometimes when I am in the right most (slow) lane where I like to ride going 60-62 mph. Move to the center lane and it smooths out.

GOTTOYS

My wife pulled this off another RV site: "Get the nylon disk to put between hitch and the pin. Cheap solution to a more expensive fix".

Anyone feel like they solved a chucking problem with a nylon disc? AND, anyone using a nylon disc AND a pullrite auto slider hitch? I have the 16K Pullrite auto slider pulling 15,500.
All the nylon disc will do is eliminate the need to have to use grease on the kingpin to help the trailer turn. I had a Super Glide.You should NEVER use a nylon disc with a Super Glide hitch. It will do nothing as the hitch doesn't pivot at the kingpin when using a Super Glide and it may prevent proper hitching by holding the kingpin up too high causing a high hitch situation. The Mor Ryde dampens front to back movement. A standard hitch has no front to back movement so a plastic disc will do nothing to smooth ride on that. Not everything you read on the internet is correct...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't say it solves chucking, but it eliminates having to lube the hitch/pinbox to eliminate metal to metal squeaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

THANKS...that is what I remember someone saying before. Super glide is NOT supposed to use a nylon disc. I am aware that you can not believe everything you read on the internet. Thanks for the reminder...and the info about your experience with the super glide. Did you grease your super glide in any way?

All the nylon disc will do is eliminate the need to have to use grease on the kingpin to help the trailer turn. I had a Super Glide.You should NEVER use a nylon disc with a Super Glide hitch. It will do nothing as the hitch doesn't pivot at the kingpin when using a Super Glide and it may prevent proper hitching by holding the kingpin up too high causing a high hitch situation. The Mor Ryde dampens front to back movement. A standard hitch has no front to back movement so a plastic disc will do nothing to smooth ride on that. Not everything you read on the internet is correct...Don

rjr6150

THANKS...that is what I remember someone saying before. Super glide is NOT supposed to use a nylon disc. I am aware that you can not believe everything you read on the internet. Thanks for the reminder...and the info about your experience with the super glide. Did you grease your super glide in any way?

Per Superglide WD-40 on the jaws and Slipplate spray on the rails unless you have the newer type rails with Teflon coating I'm not sure what to use then

porthole

Retired

My chucking is not real bad, just in the sometimes when I am in the right most (slow) lane where I like to ride going 60-62 mph. Move to the center lane and it smooths out.

The disc does nothing for chucking.

A trick we found out at Goshen with Eric and Dorothy's trailer. The disc had loosened up and was falling off the pinbox.
Eric went over to Lippert's booth to buy a new one. They told him just take the old one and hammer down the inner tabs a bit - wa la - good as new !

porthole

Retired

The MOR/ryde pinbox dampens front to back and left to right. And because of that, if you upgrade to a MOR/ryde pinbox and have a SuperGlide, make sure you let whomever you get it from to have the "side movement" limiting blocks in the kit.

jnbhobe

The disc does nothing for chucking.

A trick we found out at Goshen with Eric and Dorothy's trailer. The disc had loosened up and was falling off the pinbox.
Eric went over to Lippert's booth to buy a new one. They told him just take the old one and hammer down the inner tabs a bit - wa la - good as new !
You should have asked I could have told you that trick

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have towed over the years with a standard pin box, the Trail Air pin box and now the Mor Ryde pinbox....I can say, without any reservation, the Mor Ryde gives us a far superior towing experience....will not tow without one ever again...