MORryde Steps

joney

Steve,

We recently upgraded our 2016 Heartland Wilderness with the GlowStep Revolution by Torklift International. We couldn’t be happier with them. They didn’t take long to install. Super easy to pull out and put back in. The landing gear makes them easy to level on uneven ground (which is common where I camp) I don’t have to worry about parking in the perfect level spot. I highly recommend if you are looking for aftermarket steps. We opted against the MORryde steps because I camp with my children and was concerned about the step crashing down onto them and about the interior of the RV getting dirty since that step stores on the inside.

GSR_Heartland1.jpg

BusManRG

Re: ATF: Bighorn - MORryde Steps

That's the first I've seen of this one. I'm still not a fan of putting the dirty steps inside my RV. Also not being able to set shopping bags and other things in inside the door without having to pull down the steps first.

Maybe that's just us

We are very happy with the aluminum steps that came on our BH. Both of the reasons Jarrod mentioned are exactly why I don't think I'd care for a solid step. The last two parks we stayed at were sand and gravel driveways. The steps were always a mess and I even mentioned to Rich that if these were solid steps I could only imagine how much of this stuff would end up inside the trailer when we packed up to go. No matter how much I swept them off it seem like they always had some sand and gravel left on them.

Bones

Yes, the back door is only 24" wide. The smallest one they make is for a 26" door. I spoke to them yesterday and they have no plans to make a smaller one. I guess my only option would be to buy the 26" one and modify it by cutting 2" out of the middle and re-welding it. May be more trouble than it's worth. :p

Thanks. And it does sound like a lot of work. That may be something that gets the aluminum steps

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our previous Heartland Trail Runner had two entrance doors and the one in the front bedroom was narrower than the back main entrance door.

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

I always thought the steps were the same width . . . but I never had a reason to measure them.

justafordguy

Thanks. And it does sound like a lot of work. That may be something that gets the aluminum steps

Hey Bones,
I did go ahead and order another set of the wider Step-Above steps. I just finished disassembling them and cutting them to fit our second 25" bunk room door. Wasn't to bad of a job if you have the right tools. Took about 3 hours start to finish (and that is with my currently hurt shoulder.) ;)

Turned out awesome, so much safer than the fold out steps. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Bones

Hey Bones,
I did go ahead and order another set of the wider Step-Above steps. I just finished disassembling them and cutting them to fit our second 25" bunk room door. Wasn't to bad of a job if you have the right tools. Took about 3 hours start to finish (and that is with my currently hurt shoulder.) ;)

Turned out awesome, so much safer than the fold out steps. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Thanks for the update. I have these steps on my short list of things to get but it may be next year before that happens. I'm currently ordering suspension upgrades so that went to the top of the list. I had a chance to try out the MorRyde step at Goshen and really loved them over the torklift.

farside291

We bought these off Amazon for $300. I slide them right over the existing steps. And, they fit just inside the door for transport. I usually put a blanket over the steps just in case they move when transporting them. But as of yet they haven't moved an inch during transport. They work great but takes two people to put them inside the RV prior to moving. One on the inside and one at the bottom of the steps. They are not that heavy. They will fold flat but it requires you to take out a couple of bolts. I find its easier to slide them in the door.

Attachments

• 61ColWmCJRL__SL1000_.jpg
    61ColWmCJRL__SL1000_.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 23