MoRyde 8K IS Disc Brake Seal Size

I need to repack my bearings on my MoRyde IS w/8K Axles and Disc Brakes installed December of 2014. Does anyone know the seal size? I prefer to get the seals before tearing it down.

According to Kodiak Brake Systems the seal is a 2.25" ID axle seal. Chicago Rawhide # CR 22558 or National Seal #472920.

According to Kodiak Brake Systems the seal is a 2.25" ID axle seal. Chicago Rawhide # CR 22558 or National Seal #472920.

I wound up ordering Dexter seals from Amazon and installed without issue (Dexter 010-036-00 Grease Seal). After removing the hub I could see the number stamped in the original seal.

ksucats

Mark: Do you have the Kodiak brakes or the Dexter? My coach has the Dexter and Ron, the titan man, provided me a spreadsheet that shows the calipers to be quite different (and a great difference in price). I need to have my bearings repacked but don't want to tear them down until I find out the seal # for sure.

Thanks.

Mark: Do you have the Kodiak brakes or the Dexter? My coach has the Dexter and Ron, the titan man, provided me a spreadsheet that shows the calipers to be quite different (and a great difference in price). I need to have my bearings repacked but don't want to tear them down until I find out the seal # for sure.

Thanks.

Ron:
I have the MoRryde Independent Suspension. The brakes are Kodiak and the stub axle that is on the IS is a Dexter. The inside ID of the seal for mine is 2.25. After I took off the first one to see what I was looking at, I climbed under and was able to see the seal number stamped into the steal while they were intact. You may have to spin the wheel to see it.

The items I used:
1 - breaker bar to loosen the lugs.
1- 1/2' socket to remove the brake calipers
1 - Large pair of Channel Locks to remove the screw on grease cap 2.5" diameter.
1 - 1.5" Socket from Lowes $6 to be able to torque the Wheel Bearing nut to 50 ft. lbs. to set the bearings, then loosen to first castle.
1 - Torque wrench for wheel bearing nut and lugs.
1 lb. - Red High Temp Temkin wheel bearing grease
1 - pair of rubber gloves to "Palm Pack" the bearings
1 - Grease gun for the IS pivot point
1 - small tube of "Blue NOT RED" loctite to secure the brake caliper bolts.
1 - can of brake cleaner to help clean bearings and rotors before reassymbly
4 - seals
Lots of rags
About four hours for dual axle set up.
Make sure to keep the tapered bearings in the same position, they wear to the cups they are matched with.

Hope this helps.

ksucats

Mark: Thanks for the information. I have the Dexter calipers and axles (wish I had the IS, maybe someday) so I probably have the same seals. However no one around here has them (or could cross reference them yesterday when I called Autozone and Orileys) so I'll do as you did, crawl under and see if I can find the seal number to be sure and then order them in. Again, thanks.