Mosquito Repellants - What Works Best?

Hoosier Wolverine

I've tried SsS with little luck. I use any brand of spray with deet, but I usually spray it onto a paper towel and wipe it on. Spraying directly wastes most of it into the air.
Also, the box fan on the patio works great, not only for mosquitoes, but also those dreaded biting flies and no-see-ums.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mosquitos love me, and we've had great success with the little Off clip ons. Like someone said, it doesnt have to be clipped to you, setting them on the table or clipping to the chair you are sitting in works well, too.

Reyllock

I don't know if you guys can get it in the US, but Avon Skin So Soft is the best I have ever found. In my travel experiences, from the north of Scotland, (where they breed the nasty little things for export the Canada!) to Mid and East Africa, they definitely don't like it! So give it a try, and would be interested to hear how the US 'mossie's' react to it!

In addition; drinking Tonic water in hot climates also seems to work, (but I think is dependant in how much you sweat!)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been using Avon Skin So Soft for years and it does okay. Off with Deet works even better.