Motor tone

Routemaster

This morning after the heating was running for a couple of hours the motor changed tone along with the lights dipping any thoughts?
Den.

Bogie

As both the heater and the lights are DC, sounds like a dip in voltage. The battery would be the first place I'd look. Are you on shore power? If yes then check that the converter is operating. A simple voltage test could verify this. Should be about 12.7 volts while on the converter.
If that checks out, then have the battery tested.

Routemaster

Yes, we are on shore power all four red lights are on at the panel I will check the battery later. I just wondered if the bearings were going out causing the motor to work harder pulling more juice.

Bogie

That could be a possibility. You might take a closer listen to when the heater first turns on to listen for bearing noise.

Suggested the battery and converter first as they are easier to check than digging into the motor of the heater.

Routemaster

Just checked the battery bank and I have readings of 13.24v total of four and pacify gravity in the green at 1275.
I will listen in the morning, by the way, that tone did change back down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Could be the converter went into boost mode due to the load on the 12V system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Jut to follow up on John Dar's post see: https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/charge-wizard/

When the Progressive Dynamics Converter/chargers go into Equalization mode every 21 hours, the dc output voltage from the converter goes up from 13.2 volts to 14.4 volts for 15 minutes. This results in the lights going brighter, and 12 volt dc motorized devices running faster for those 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minute cycle lights dim to normal, and 12 volt dc motors slow down to normal speed.