Mounted my new 17.5 rims and G114 tires.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it is all set up with bigger shoes. Yesterday my new 17.5" rims and G114 tires came in. I put them on the trailer today. For those that are intrested, there is a difference between 16" Michelin XPS Ribs and the G114's. The G114's are trailer tires only and they are not as tall and narrower.

Take a look at these photos.. Both tires are aired to the max pressure, 80psi for XP Ribs & 125psi for G114's.
DSC_2924M.jpg DSC_2921M.jpg DSC_2925M.jpg

I never thought there would be that much difference. It gives me more room for verticle travel and easier to turn.

From the Goodyear inflation chart, I plan to run them all at 95 to 100psi.

Weight and PSI  chart.jpg

BTW. These new tires are very heavy. I had to work a bit harder to raise them up about 2" to get them on the hub.

Hope this helps someone.

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
LOL...hey Bob, you are doing just we did....Red Max Pro finish, 17.5 tires and rims....I see a new Landmark in your future too!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
LOL...hey Bob, you are doing just we did....Red Max Pro finish, 17.5 tires and rims....I see a new Landmark in your future too!!!

If I happen to win the lotto would be the only way I might buy a Landmark. I don't have the money to get a new one. I keep trying to improve my BH so I can keep it for as long as possible. I couldn't afford to make the improvements to a new trailer.

I am suprised at the amount of difference in the XPS Rib's and the G114's. The XPS Rib's are taller and wider. But by the inflation chart the G114's will hold 4806# at 125psi. I have about 3500# on all bu one tire which is about 3700# so I am going to inflate the tires to 95 or 100psi.

What did you do with your old 16" rims and tires?

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I sold them for $500...they were only two years old and in great shape. We inflate to max, but we are really heavy...

As for improvements to the new trailer...we are moving our W/D, Trav'ler sat dish and tires and rims....ordered it with everything else, and having IS installed aftermarket...don't see needing any other improvement..hopefully!!!

lwmcguir

Well it is all set up with bigger shoes. Yesterday my new 17.5" rims and G114 tires came in. I put them on the trailer today. For those that are intrested, there is a difference between 16" Michelin XPS Ribs and the G114's. The G114's are trailer tires only and they are not as tall and narrower.

Take a look at these photos.. Both tires are aired to the max pressure, 80psi for XP Ribs & 125psi for G114's.
View attachment 22388 View attachment 22389 View attachment 22390

I never thought there would be that much difference. It gives me more room for verticle travel and easier to turn.

From the Goodyear inflation chart, I plan to run them all at 95 to 100psi.

View attachment 22391

BTW. These new tires are very heavy. I had to work a bit harder to raise them up about 2" to get them on the hub.

Hope this helps someone.

BC
I think you will be really glad you made this purchase. The run so much cooler in hot weather it really takes a lot of worry off traveling then. They will outlast any tire we have ever run and that has been most of them.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok, there seems to be a number of people that have gone to the 17.5" rims and tires.

What are you inflating them too??

BC

hcriddle

I run mine at least 115lbs. I don't have my weights handy for each wheel but 115 is what Trailer Wheel and Tire told me to run them.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Bob,

The 17.5s are great tire size. We ran them on all our low boys. And you are so right, they are heavy.

Just curious though with the height difference, are you going to have enough room from your overhang to the bed to drop your hitch or raise your pinbox to level the trailer back out??? It appears that it might be a little over an inch difference in height now. Wonder what other people have done.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am setup for cold weather until mid January. It shouldn't be bad enough to cause a problem right away. I will adjust it when I get to Kerrville.

Thanks for the heads up. It hadn't occurred to me yet that, that might be a concern.

BC

lwmcguir

Bob,

The 17.5s are great tire size. We ran them on all our low boys. And you are so right, they are heavy.

Just curious though with the height difference, are you going to have enough room from your overhang to the bed to drop your hitch or raise your pinbox to level the trailer back out??? It appears that it might be a little over an inch difference in height now. Wonder what other people have done.
We changed from the G614 to the G114 and had less than 1/2 inch difference in height. We use them on other trailers as well and run them way past any other trailer tire.