Tire solutions before pushing off fulltime

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Tires are designed (wouldn't trust China bombs) to handle the ambient temperatures. The psi will increase as the tires heat up. That is one of the reasons the sidewalls indicate a cold psi. Our G114 H rated tires with a cold psi of 120 will get up to 145-148 psi while traveling in the summer heat. Don't let out air on a hot tire to meet the proper psi or you will be under-inflated.

Roadventure

No matter how many lugs, 5 - 6 - 8, I've never seen a 5 spoke wheel that rated higher then 80 psi.

The difference between 80 and 110 psi is more then just a valve stem.

Scott is a good guy, and even though his business has really grown, they still offer personal, great service.

Yes they were very simple to talk to. I was camping in an area where I could make wifi calls out but calls in were bouncing to VM. Michael took the time to email me and make sure I had the info to get back to him. Smooth overall.

We just can't wait to get these Towmax tires off.

We actually picked up a screw when we were camping at Farragut. We went to leave and had the middle tire deflated on the passenger side. We hadn't noticed it until we took our wheel covers off. Thankfully the camping host had some bottle jacks and some blocks to help. So we are driving on our spare for the next week until we get the new setup and praying along the way.

9684642d7810a7fd644c471acfa9c138.jpg
independent suspension doesn't really care we used the rapid jack.

b3070679531640672c07b3bf140c1ff9.jpg
we totally got screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes they were very simple to talk to. I was camping in an area where I could make wifi calls out but calls in were bouncing to VM. Michael took the time to email me and make sure I had the info to get back to him. Smooth overall.

We just can't wait to get these Towmax tires off.

We actually picked up a screw when we were camping at Farragut. We went to leave and had the middle tire deflated on the passenger side. We hadn't noticed it until we took our wheel covers off. Thankfully the camping host had some bottle jacks and some blocks to help. So we are driving on our spare for the next week until we get the new setup and praying along the way.

9684642d7810a7fd644c471acfa9c138.jpg
independent suspension doesn't really care we used the rapid jack.

b3070679531640672c07b3bf140c1ff9.jpg
we totally got screwed.

Likely they will tell you that tire cannot be adequately patched due to the location of the puncture. We've had similar.

avvidclif

That trailer-aid is not doing that front tire any favors. On tire pressure, mine was 109-110 on all 4 this AM and temp low 80's. On the way home the outside temp got to the mid 90's and the pressure to 121-122, tire temp was 95-102 depending on the side of the trailer (sunny vs shaded).

Roadventure

New shoes got put on today. It's been an uphill battle getting them and affording them but I can already feel a world of difference in the way they handle. Lynx gunmetal gray wheels rated up to 200 psi. Sailun S637 215/75R17.5 H rated. Hoping to get many safe miles outta these.

4cd7ea41d0e23d85b6a1dcc09207295a.jpg

56e26f47712685329be6521b8e495111.jpg

BTW: Running these at 110 psi

Put the exact same rims and Sailun tires (same size as yours) on my Gateway 3200 (2 axles) about 8 months ago and have never regreted it. Only got about 4000 miles on them and can tell that the towing is much better. Much less tire squirm and the tire wear seems even. The TPMS says they keep the tire pressure and hardly put air in them. The steel tire valves have rust on them so wax yours. I finally did the entire wheels and Armour All the tires. I paid about $1800 for 4 tires with rims which were delivered to the trucking warehouse (1.25hrs away from me) where I picked them up.