Mt. Rushmore w/Kitchen Island

Tom of Ypsi

I put in my own slider from Innovative Industries and so far I like it. Jim B has the same slider and he put in a locking mechanism on both ends of his slider so it will not unlock during travel (SMART IDEA). Mine is 24" wide and 90" long and with the unused space along side of the slider I have our folding bikes and BBQ (Coleman Roadtrip the Blue model). Will be looking for a different BBQ as this one is too big for us.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Goldenwingers,
We have the Bighorn version of that floorplan with the Island option. We were fortunate to be able to see the same floorplan with and without the island in person. For us it was an easy decision. Nice walk around island with more counter space and storage. We can easily have 4-6 adults and a couple of kids in for dinner and still have plenty of room. I'm sure no matter what you decide, you will be very happy.

Good luck,

Mark

jbeletti

Hi Sheri,

Here's a link to the Dirt Devil site. I assume this is the same unit offered by Heartland. It looks like mine. I think at one time, they also used some Dometic units. Last I recall, the specs on the motor between the brands were comparable.

Regarding the sliding tray, I am very happy with mine. By using the totes that I do (pic 1, pic 2, drawing 1, post 1), I am able to stack them 2 units high on the slider and they stay stacked and have never shifted. Whereas a load on the floor may shift a bit easier. I found that the slider allows me to better utilize the space. If you don't carry a lot of stuff, it's not as important of an item but after 1 year in the unit, I found I was carrying a lot of stuff and added the slider.

Good thing with Innovation Industries was that they build you whatever size you want. So I didn't have to fit into an off-the-shelf size and not be as space efficient as I could with a custom unit. I store even more stuff on both sides of the slider on the storage area floor. I left about 8" on the front and and left with about 20" on the back (by the bulkhead wall).

While this is a great option, it is something that can be added later, more easily than the central vac. If we upgrade coaches one day, I'll have to ask nancy if she wants the central vac again or if she wants to put the Dyson in the trailer and get a new model Dyson (or other brand) for the house.

Best of luck to you. Exciting times for you I know. :)

Jim

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Gosh, we're gonna be sure that you folks aren't around when we sign the final order... We'd have an absolutely loaded Landmark and noooo money. Ya'll would have us talked into every option!
:) :eek: :)

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Goldenwingers said:
Gosh, we're gonna be sure that you folks aren't around when we sign the final order... We'd have an absolutely loaded Landmark and noooo money. Ya'll would have us talked into every option!
I really wish I had known about this site before we ordered our MR. We are very happy with ours,but there are a few things we would have added had we read this site first. We had the front ac,heat pump added last fall. Very happy with that decision.I guess the only other thing we would have added would be the dual pane windows. But the heat pump really made a big difference in the warmth of our unit.Glad we added it.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Goldenwingers said:
I really wish I had known about this site before we ordered our MR. We are very happy with ours,but there are a few things we would have added had we read this site first. We had the front ac,heat pump added last fall. Very happy with that decision.I guess the only other thing we would have added would be the dual pane windows. But the heat pump really made a big difference in the warmth of our unit.Glad we added it.

ct0218

Don and Sheri
Isn't it amazing how easy it is for us to spend your money! Terry is right, a lot of this is easier and cheaper to add at the factory than later on. You just have to weigh price versus value (to you).

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
All the info given here is greatly appreciated and a big help in our decision making. I was just poking a little fun at the fact that we'll probably be ordiring a couple of more options than we had originally intended.:) Our theory is that whatever we order is going to be our home, so we want whatever is going to make our home comfy!

ct0218

I just corrected my earlier post. For some reason I used a question mark, should have been an exclamation mark. That little error changed the whole meaning of my response. We ordered everything but the vacuum and granite, now we're second-guessing the vacuum. I like granite, have it in my home, but I sure didn't want to haul it around. Gail is not one for packing light, so I knew I had to cut some weight somewhere. And those options do add both dollars and pounds.