Mud flaps?

IronJ

In Texas, it's the law to have mudflaps on dual rear wheels. Our truck already came with them. Most dealerships put their name on them.
05092776bd6c00fa385712586b2917e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup yup....dealer gotta put some on...mine had std dealer name plates...they were loose after 10k miles..they weren't bad quality, but I wanted longer,wider, more solid flaps...so I did the gatorbacks with brackets.

I still want some rock tamers...or even the hula skirt looking thing...lol..might look sexy on my fat bottomed girl...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Rollin_Free

Yup yup....dealer gotta put some on...mine had std dealer name plates...they were loose after 10k miles..they weren't bad quality, but I wanted longer,wider, more solid flaps...so I did the gatorbacks with brackets.

I still want some rock tamers...or even the hula skirt looking thing...lol..might look sexy on my fat bottomed girl...

i was looking at the "hula skirt" type as well. Someone mentioned that, up north, it gathers water and freezes then at times will drop ice chunks off. Anyway it convinced me not to purchase one.

Got the Rock Tamers on today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I could see a problem with the "toothbrush" doing that in the north but the question is how often do you pull the camper in freezing weather. Here in the south, that's not as big of a problem. In the wintertime, we just take it off - ez on, ez off thru the truck hitch. It sure has saved us many times on rock/gravel roads.

IronJ

Mine won't ever see ice..lol...I think maybe once I got snowed on while in Montana on a trip. ...in the last 10 yrs...lol

I do worry that mud would cake up...seems like it would be harder to clean 25million bristles than 2 big mats?

I'm gonna order rock tamers....I'll see what happens

brianlajoie

My problem is that I have more nicks on the high up on the BH decal that any marks coming from behind the wheels. I did add some after market mud flaps that seem to work well.

Maybe the bugs are wearing helmets....

IronJ

My problem is that I have more nicks on the high up on the BH decal that any marks coming from behind the wheels. I did add some after market mud flaps that seem to work well.

Maybe the bugs are wearing helmets....
Lol...I haven't noticed any rock dings on upper fiberglass yet....just bugs n more bugs...

I just ordered the rock tamers tho so well see how they do...

Dang amazon prime....make buying stuff too easy!!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our brown painted cap has numerous (white) nicks from 30K miles of bugs and obviously some pieces of road debris. Also has several significant divots from sizable rocks (visual and audible contact) to the cap.
The area directly behind the truck is still relatively free of damage I believe from the rock tamer's performance.

IronJ

Ditto on the Duraflap... Have had them on two trucks.. You can also add custom stainless steel graphic on the flaps... They are the best out there. In my opinion.
I had custom logos made for some duras before I switched to gators. ..they pitted and discolored within a year..I THINK they were machined billet, but I could never get the dulling off???

The flaps themselves are great quality. ..the " no drill" option for the dually is not sturdy enough IMHO for the weight of the flap...mine were loose after about 18k miles..that 20 inch wide and 16+ inch long flap is HEAVY! !!

Hence why I went with brackets AND the factory holes on the gators. The brackets are universal and could be used with any brand of flap I'm sure...

Roadventure

Picked up my new TV today. Had the dealer put mudflaps on, but no clue what brand they are. They look nice. The line item says 'Ultimate mudflaps'.

ncc1701e

These are how I show support for the club. Sorry for the 90 degree turn on the pic. It was correct on the computer when I downloaded it. LOL

Attachments

• Mud Flaps.jpg
    Mud Flaps.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 91

GWRam

Bones,
I'll get a measurement for you, it will be Sunday before I can get it.

MTPockets

This is my "Big Horn" flap from Duraflap... On my Ford F350DRW. The design is stainless steel with SS fasteners.. Flaps are pre-drilled ready to install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 68

IronJ

f5d31aed5bd1b4e50507ed3bd06db3f9.jpg

Someone sent me a message asking about my brackets...but I erased it...

But here is only shot I have of them before they got mounted...the ends are bolted to the truck frame...the bracket essentially holds ALL the considerable mass of the 22inch wide by 24inch long 25lb flap...(I'm guessing 25...not sure but they are HEAVY!!)