Mud Flaps

IronJ

I'd go with the weather techs for front...they flow/look better...I have had both duraflap and the gators for front but I don't like the looks....I'll look for a pic but they literally were on for 15 min.....

I'm in same boat ...probably need fronts, but have not decided yet what will look best...the truck already has that grey plastic so the molded weather techs look most Factory

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

porthole

Retired
All right - I've decided on the DuraFlaps for the rear. Never one to be satisfied, I've got yet another mudflap question. Do any of you have a picture of a Ford Super Duty with flaps on the FRONT also? I'd like to see what that looks like before buying a set.

Thanks

You have a DRW - my personal opinion is get the Duraflap and get the 14" wide version. Do you want form and function over looks?
I have the 12" wide flaps on the front. Next DRW will have the 14" wide flaps. They will stick out more but I would rather have the rear DRW fenders get the little bit more protection they offer. Same with snow on the running boards. My DRW fenders have a lot of small chips that I assume if from stuff kicked up by the front tires and missing the flaps.

I have the rear flaps form ford, they are about half the coverage as the duraflaps (seem my picture above). And they cost 25% more then the Duraflaps

I'll take a picture later today.

BigGuy82

You have a DRW - my personal opinion is get the Duraflap and get the 14" wide version. Do you want form and function over looks?
I have the 12" wide flaps on the front. Next DRW will have the 14" wide flaps. They will stick out more but I would rather have the rear DRW fenders get the little bit more protection they offer. Same with snow on the running boards. My DRW fenders have a lot of small chips that I assume if from stuff kicked up by the front tires and missing the flaps.

I have the rear flaps form ford, they are about half the coverage as the duraflaps (seem my picture above). And they cost 25% more then the Duraflaps

Some excellent points. I never considered factory flaps - had them on my 150 and they didn't offer much protection. I already ordered the Duraflaps for the rear and I would really love to see a picture of what your fronts look like if you get the time to send one. Actually, looks are important to me, but I like the idea of protecting the rear fenders better and, living in the northeast, I hear what your saying about slush buildup on the running boards. It's always been a problem. The other option is to move south:cool:

Thanks!

IronJ

The ford Factory rears are a joke even with stock tires. I believe mine are being used as a mat somewhere in my shop...

I don't really have stuff hitting the rear fenders but it does hit the lower panel behind the tire

Here in texas we don't get much longterm snow....we do have mud but I try and avoid that!!...its a PAIN to clean ...lol

I wanna see all your pics too...maybe then I will decide on some fronts!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

BigGuy82

I sent an email to the folks at DuraFlap about 12" vs 14" fronts. The answer is that the 14" splits the 2" - it adds a 1" overhang the the outside and 1" on the inside. They also sent a picture of what a 12" looks like installed - seems to cover the tire pretty well and definitely shields the running board.

Attachments

• 2012 F350 no flares front 12in wide.JPG
    2012 F350 no flares front 12in wide.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 51