Muddling thru this winter is tough

MTPockets

Here in Florida. Now that it's November we've had to struggle with temps in the 70's and low 80's all the way down to 50's at night. Humidity in the 60's and sunny skys. We didn't even get to winterize the 5vr again this winter and won't have to worry about freezing, at least not more than a day or two at night; but we're struggling thru it all. Oh, we had to open the windows to let in all that fresh Florida air, and then had to close them up again in the late evening when temps dropped all the way down to below 60. All that window sliding is rough! Oh well, I guess that's what we get for spending these stressful winter months in the South.

Noobie

I know what you mean here in Tucson it's 90 during and 70 at night clear sky's it's just dreadful:sarcasm:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I hear ya! We're in pretty much the same situation. It's so stressful we had to go spend a few hours at the pool this afternoon. Pretty soon I'm going to have to light the grill so we can have some brats. It's really a rough life down here.

ihsolutions

Oh, go ahead and yuck it up. I'm putting a reminder in my calendar to bump this post come April/May when you guys start getting a taste of that heat and/or humidity.

Unless you're snowbirding, in which case, I'm just jealous.

TXTiger

You should be in Southern California and have to deal with 80 in the day and 60 at night. I went to take a nap in the hammock and the sun was in my eyes.

olcoon

Well, like they say "somebody's got to do it"! Sucks to be retired & have a Heartland RV. You have to go where it's warm in the winter & cool in the summer!!!

Tony, be careful in that hammock, I've heard of people falling asleep in them & getting sunburnt!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The Heartland we got! Unfortunately, we start six weeks of work in Roanoke, VA tomorrow, before we get to head south again...:(

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Better enjoy it while you can. I've fitted a trailer hitch to our Equinox and am dragging all this lovely Florida weather back home to Michigan tomorrow. That'll cause an inversion in the jet stream and send Siberia down to you. You'll be passing out frozen orange juice samples at your highway welcome centers. ;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Better enjoy it while you can. I've fitted a trailer hitch to our Equinox and am dragging all this lovely Florida weather back home to Michigan tomorrow. That'll cause an inversion in the jet stream and send Siberia down to you. You'll be passing out frozen orange juice samples at your highway welcome centers. ;)
John and Darlene, have a safe trip home.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John and Darlene, have a safe trip home.

Thanks, Ray. We're overnighting right now in Chattanooga. Got a look at the weather forecast and it looks like I wasn't too far off the mark. Seems a Nor'easter is brewing up in FL and going to soak the East Coast by Wednesday.

Kbvols

Oh Really...I would send you my shovel for all your "muddling" but I'am going to need it for snow :( Someday I hope to be in the same predicament !! Enjoy ....ps..ice will help relieve window sliding aches and pains.