Musty odor in bathroom

jimcat

Home depot had a Studor for 24.. same one Lowe's has for 27. Anyhow, With a channel lock I was able to loosen the one in the main bath. The new one with that black tube.. did not slide in or out over the existing tube. The white admittance valve did screw into the existing pipe where the old one was. I did take out the little gasket in the new tube and placed it in the old tube.. since there wasn't one. So far so good. I think both were 56 delivered from Heartland.. so if I needed two.. 27 would of been 54 from Lowe's.. or 48 at home depot plus tax.. so I am ok with this. Just hope it works as designed. Thanks folks

NYSUPstater

Guess I forgot that I did change the valve under bathroom sink to the Studor last year or so as I was going to do it today and saw that I already did. CRS!! Anyways, we still get the musty odor after shower use and don't see any water leaks.

jimcat

Guess I forgot that I did change the valve under bathroom sink to the Studor last year or so as I was going to do it today and saw that I already did. CRS!! Anyways, we still get the musty odor after shower use and don't see any water leaks.
We use the de humidifier and damp rid at the same time.. no musty here. Plus we use the rvonthego water softener

NYSUPstater

It's been a year since I last posted on this topic, but sadly, still have the same odor and it's driving me nuts as to the source of it. Seems to happen only when the shower is used.

Dahillbilly

It's been a year since I last posted on this topic, but sadly, still have the same odor and it's driving me nuts as to the source of it. Seems to happen only when the shower is used.
try doing a deep clean on the grey holding tank & make sure the shower drain p-trap is working properly. Look closely for a slight leak when the shower is in use.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You might want to go on the roof and check your vent pipe and make sure it is not cut too low (just below the roof line) or this could be your smelly problem.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Is the drain pipe for the washing machine capped? Fumes from the grey tank could be escaping through it. No water in the trap

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is there a Studor valve under the vanity sink? Could be stuck open and when the water from the shower stirs up the tank, you’re getting odor coming out of it.

On another note, sometimes a “musty” odor indicates wet wood somewhere. Check your drain and water lines for leaks, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk